Thread: uTorrent stops downloading & uploading

uTorrent stops downloading & uploading

I was using uTorrent without any issues in my system that was running with Windows XP. Now, I have done a clean install of Windows 7 after which a particular situation has been encountered with this application. The issue is that uTorrent stops downloading & uploading. I am not able to understand why this is happening.

I am able to start the download or upload. After a few while, like after 15-20 minutes, the download or upload stops by itself. Kindly provide some suitable suggestion as soon as possible to resolve this case.

Re: uTorrent stops downloading & uploading

Even I was facing the same issue that uTorrent stops downloading & uploading, even after the proper file that has suitable seeds and peers are selected. Well, I simply optimized my internet connection using the tool called Optimize my PC. All the junks were removed and the situation was eradicated. So, I guess you have to use the same method with the same tool mentioned above. This is because this tool is compatible with Windows 7.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

It seems that there is some problem from the end of the Internet Service Provider's. So, according to me, there is a need to check out with the ISP, is there is really an issue going on or not. Are you facing any problems while you are browsing the other pages or is this issue with the Torrent uploads and downloads only. Just let me know about the same. I am waiting for your replies.

I am quite sure that there are no problems from the ISP's end because all the other pages are loading without any issues. Also, I have contacted them and asked about the same. They told that everything was fine there. So, this is surely a problem that is being caused with the application.

Since, uTorrent stops downloading & uploading, I am not able to use torrents ever since I have installed the Windows 7 operating system. Please help me to solve this situation.

There is a possibility that the Windows 7 operating system does not support the version of uTorrent that you are using. Just run the hardware and software evaluation tool in your system. It will list all the applications and programs installed in your system according to the compatibilities and incompatibilities. If the torrent application is shown as incompatible, then you will have to download a version of uTorrent that is compatible with Windows 7.

I suppose that the copy of torrent application that you are having has become corrupt and this is why uTorrent stops downloading & uploading. So, first of all, download a new copy of the same version of this application and then, try with the downloads and uploads. I hope that the problem will be fixed after that. If the issue still exists, then this is an incompatibility issue. I dont think that it can be solved.

The incompatibility issue is not causing the problem that uTorrent stops downloading & uploading. It was the copy of the application that was causing the issue. It had become corrupt. I have got a new copy of this application and I am using it with no such issues. Well, thanks for all the suggestions that you people have given. You all prove to be of great help to me.