Thread: Problem opening port in uTorrent

Problem opening port in uTorrent

After two weeks of problems with uTorrent and no solution found on the forums, I decided to create a post and then send, since I have got many replies (useful) from here. I am using the router d-link di-524 v2.4 with the Modem: zyxel 660. My laptop Dell Inspiron with Vista SP1 connected wi-fi and a Dell Dimension PC with Windows XP SP3 connected by LAN. The problem is that when I test the port I receive the following error message :
    Checking port 49666 on 85.1.125.20 ...
    Error! Port 49666 Does not APPEAR to Be Open.

Please note however, I can download files and I'll also issue but not at optimal speed. The major part of the time I posted the famous orange triangle but sometimes I have the green dot and from time to time the red button (without the downloads stop). I assigned a static IP on both computers, the TWI is turned off, and UPnP and NAT mappings are enabled. The Windows firewall is configured and the antivirus (nod32) too. I do not understand or may come from the error. Please help..

Re: Problem opening port in uTorrent

First I want to ask you that are you having uTorrent on both the PC's..?? Have you added exceptions for uT in your Windows firewall?? If you have made it, then you will have to remove that. Also I have observed that many times the FireWalls cause the problems. So it would be better for you to check by disabling the firewall. If your uTorrent is working perfectly without it, then you will have to install some other firewall by uninstalling the existing one. And if your uTorrent is not working even after disabling then try to install the new version of uTorrent.

For you must open a rule (actually two, TCP + UDP) for each position by having to use a different port. DC made this 2 x 2 (TCP + UDP) = 4 rules for your router. To configure the firewall Win, there is a simple solution: make sure it will add uT-mm ds firewall exceptions (found in Preferences> Connection), turn uT, uT delete these rules in the firewall, run uT: the firewall will ask you what to do, you accept and hop it makes you own rules. Then if you open a port manually in your router, no need to activate the UPnP in uT, so the shoots.
    Same thing for the NAT-PMP if your router does not support it.

Thank you for giving your time. I also made the manipulation with the Windows firewall (I do not think the problem comes from windows firwall because the problem persists when I turned off). Please note however I still have the little orange triangle and sometimes I saw the little green mark appears but when I take the test again this error (Error! Port 49666 Does not appear <br> To Be open), what to do?

And the modem Zyxel no sthg to do? I do not know the modem but it has a router function as well? Because that may be the case, then he must open the ports in cascades. Anyway it seems correct when even your manipulations. By cons, afterwards there is something which I think is your antivirus ESET NOD2, I know there are some concerns. Brief to be sure, can you post the HijackThis log & Process Explorer to see what is injected in uT (dll or exe). Utorrent.exe not forget to select and activate the DLL mode (ctrl + d) in Process Explorer.

I do not think that any applications that could block uTorrent as Nvidia firewall or other. HijackThis is a great app to see the processes on your PC especially when you're infected with a Trojan or other. Process Explorer is like the manager of Windows (the famous Ctrl + Alt + Supr) but more detailed. If not for the zyxel, I tend to put the IP of the router to your modem by. But I already feel like everything is open ds zyxel, there is a first rule in "all ports" it looks like ... ?? In fact must open the ports in relation to machine behind: PCs behind the router, router behind the modem. Then you can test according to your screenshot and according to my "advice", it costs nothing.

For addresses of the DNS server you can set automatic (Orange Livebox is making it her qd mm ... is not buggy) or you can put your ISP's DNS (searching on Google or the FAQ for your ISP) or if the DNS to OpenDNS. But I see more good there too why it would not work. Rules portforwarding in your router zyxel seem fair. It remains the modem but in theory there is no gd-thing to touch down there.

After the reset of the two materials may be beneficial, it sometimes has a "magic power". Above all it enables you to leave with the factory default settings. For here you have open ports on the modem and the router config changed your network card (the famous ipconfig DOS) etc. ... So no one knows exactly where one is. Then you can do research here with the name of your router (with number of ZyXEL) and your modem, look into Google like "port forward zyxel" etc. ...