Thread: uTP is not being widely used

uTP is not being widely used

My computer that running Windows 7 is having a problem while uploading and downloading via the torrent application called uTorrent. The issue is that uTP is not being widely used. I am only able to get only less than 20% of the peers that are available to me. I am not able to understand why this is happening.

When I was using Windows Vista previously, there were no such issues. I used to get all the peers that were connected to me. The problem has started ever since, I have done the upgradation of the operating system. Kindly help me with the suggestions that can be used in this situation.

Re: uTP is not being widely used

The issue that the uTP is not being widely has been encountered because there may be an incompatibility problem between the operating system and the torrent application that you are using. Try doing the uploading or downloading by setting the operating system in the compatibility mode. This mode has to be achieved by the using the option for troubleshoot compatibility option that is available when you right-click on the icon of uTorrent.

This is really a weird problem that uTP is not being widely used. This is because uTP is better than TCP. I suppose that you must check out your connection. There may be a problem in the same. Also, check out with your ISP, if everything is proper from their end. There are chances that connection issues come from the ISPs end. Just let me know if your problems are solved or not.

If uTP is not being widely used because of an incompatibility problem between the application and the operating system, then there is no need to worry. There are compatibility tools released for all those applications and softwares that are facing such incompatibility problems. You will have to search and download this tool from the internet. Install the same before the torrent application is installed. It will do all the settings that are required for the application to run properly in Windows 7.

There may be some block by the operating system to uTorrent and this is causing the situation that uTP is not being widely used. Make the application to run forcefully in the system. This can be done with the help of the "run as administrator" option. I have been able to eradicate many incompatibility issues in my system with the help of this option in my system that has Windows 7.

A solution that can be used to get rid of the incompatibility issues like uTP is not being widely used is to make your computer a dual boot system. I am having the same system, that is my computer has Windows XP as well as Windows 7 installed as 2 operating systems. I can select between these operating systems when the computer is started. So, you can start Windows XP and do the uploads without having this issue.

I am already facing many problems in the Windows 7 operating system along with the issue that the uTP is not being widely used. Well, as mentioned in one of the suggestions above, I am making my computer a dual boot system. I am installing Windows Vista as the other operating system, as I was using the same before and thus, too used to it.