Thread: Proxy settings in Utorrent

Proxy settings in Utorrent

I downloaded and installed Tor package that is running local proxy server. Then I configured my uTorrent 2.0 to bring into play my local HTTP proxy at 127.0.0.1:8118. Then I did the same for my Thunderbird e-mail client. I restarted mTorrent, further added couple torrent files and it started download. I tried to accept my e-mails using Thunderbird and it did it. So when I am changing the proxy settings in Utorrent, they are not getting changed.?! So please help me to sort out my problem.

Re: Proxy settings in Utorrent

Well one option would be pages that you can use some sites (you can Google) that allows you to download torrents through your browser. I am sure that this option can prove useful for you. In that case I think that you are not going to be able to trace because the download is done through the browser and not a program. If some problems are still persisting then fell free to post here with description.

UserGate is a multipart explanation for sharing Internet access among your recruits, make calculations of traffic, and local protect your network against malevolent software activity, and dry as hackers, viruses and Trojans. UserGate is a very powerful but bendable program can be used in small and medium enterprises instead of relying on large, expensive hardware or software alternatives.

I parameter utorrent 1.6.1 to work through a proxy (preferences-login-http-proxy then the proxy settings). The problem that I feel that it does because my download are as fast as before java script. To be on I have returned from the false proxy setting and my download works tjs, which tends to prove that prog does not use the proxy. So anybody know how to "force" utorrent to use the proxy?? Please help me..

Have you declared the proxy? You might have declared an HTTP proxy. This means with the intention of the proxy issue will deal simply with HTTP packets only. Therefore, it allows you to surf the web, but that's all it take care of your outgoing http packets and send you back the consequence. For other protocols, the traffic remnants are the same. They will not routed to this proxy. Or else you will have to encapsulate them in front of HTTP, with a 'trick' software explicit, and that at the other end, we 'know the' uncap 'the http for you to put into in BT.