Thread: utorrent disk cache setting

utorrent disk cache setting

I just want to know about the disk cache that is used for the uTorrent. I have tried to search a lot but didn’t find it. I am very curious to do some changes in it. I am just wondering if the setting for disk cache is mutually for reads and writes in general.? What I want to know is that if I supersede automatic cache size and denote it manually, e.g.1024 Mb, does this mean that I have 1024 Mb for reads and 1024 Mb for writes (2048Mb in total), or this means I have 1024Mb for both reads and writes in total.

Re: utorrent disk cache setting

Many utorrent users have these similar doubts. I would like to tell you that 1024 will get split between the reads and writes. Also I would like to recommend you, not to set the number arbitrarily high. You should also note that the disk cache value in the advanced preferences is the total cache and not the per-type cache as you were thinking. Although either type of transfer desires more of the cache will get it.

The number of connections must be high. As I have 2GB (and now 4GB) of RAM on Windows XP station, it should not be any reason to limit, but allow more than 1,000 connections requires your computer to spend more time talking with others that 'to send their data. The ratio of 5:1 or 6:1 connections between clients and helps promote the peers / peer effective and generous (those providing more speed to download). On the other hand, I do not want to spend my upload bandwidth to serve too many P2P clients at once. 6 is good. If there is one or two lying around, the other 4 have more opportunities. Thus, my computer sends data as fast as possible without losing too much time in negotiations.

On the other hand, I do not want to spend my upload bandwidth to serve too many P2P clients at once. 6 is good. If there is one or two lying around, the other 4 have more opportunities. Thus, my computer sends data as fast as possible without losing too much time in negotiations.
    You need the DHT! It is a very good way to find more customers, to keep them if the server collapses, to increase the size of the sharing group (swarm) for maximum speed. Local search in the right direction, but it does nothing if you have no other BitTorrent users on your local network (you're in a business? In college?). This is not critical to my home LAN. Whenever possible, I encrypt my communications. This guarantees nothing, but it somewhat reduces the risk to see my ISP filter my P2P.

Basic settings are just ... basic. But others may be more important. Automatically increase the size of the read cache can become a problem when you have almost no space on the disk. So I do not authorize it (indeed this is useful only in extreme conditions). While the Windows write cache looks unnecessary or ineffective, the Windows cache reading is important for some drives (especially if you use an external USB drive).

Did you get a message at the bottom of the screen saying "Disk overloaded"? That happens to me when I download at full speed with utorrent (more than 1.2 MB) hard drive is overloaded and you say this happens (in both download and upload).?? If so, the solution is to disable the options "Write intact blocks every 2 minutes" and "write finished pieces immediately" and select "increase cache size automatically when needed" in the preferences of utorrent (advanced - disk cache).

Extremely thanks for all of you for taking out your precious time and helping me. Last night stop downloading a Torrent, I wake up and see an error box that said: “Cannot complete the operation requested by a file system limitation". What does that mean? I put Force download, and downloaded again, but less than 5min back out the error. How to fix this problem? (Do not want to lose my downloaded 3.93GB). And another question .. as you will realize in the picture, leaving Wasted: 88.8MB. I do not want to miss these 88.8MB?

In case anyone has the same problem, I could fix it, is a bug that has Windows XP or Windows Vista. You go to your program (bittorrent.. Utorrent .. etc): Options / Preferences / Advanced / cache disk, uncheck it to enable disk write cache. If still no go, also uncheck the read cache. And immediately I began to work as usual!

First stop the torrent, remove second (above) of the program list (in my case I used utorrent) with which it is not cleared down the hard disk. After you've downloaded it is copied to another location on your hard drive (in my case was a disk image of 8GB which I was stagnant at 88 per cent), the next thing I did was to remove what had fallen to far (away with it) and went back to fetch what they had copied previously at the place of unloading. Once done I opened utorrent again and added the torrent file again, verification of downloaded restart but this time I noticed it was much more rapid than in the times when it is locked and I tried to again. And so far, has continued without problem.