Thread: Does Windows 7 require TCP IP patch of some sort

Does Windows 7 require TCP IP patch of some sort

I have done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system from Windows Vista recently. I wanted to know that does Windows 7 require TCP IP patch of some sort to run Utorrent. This is because when I am running any downloads using this torrent application, I can browse the other web pages very slowly. I think that Utorrent is causing the same because of which I am having the particular query. Please help me with the required information on this situation immediately.

Re: Does Windows 7 require TCP IP patch of some sort

I dont think that that Windows 7 requires TCP IP patch of some sort. I am using the same operating system and Torrent application as yours, that is Utorrent. I am not facing any such issues as yours. Well, make sure that you are using the latest version of the application because incompatibility issues between the operating system and the application can cause such problems. It is recommended that one must use the latest versions of all the applications and softwares while working with Windows 7.

The bandwidth hogging that is caused by Utorrent is causing the particular issue in your system. Windows 7 does not require TCP IP patch of any sort. You may having a very less download speed as well as browsing speed. Inorder to solve this issue, there is only one solution. You will have to contact your Internet Service Provider and change your plan to a better one.

If you cannot change the plan, that is if you do not have enough budget for the same, you can limit the download speed. This will provide lesser resources to Utorrent for the download. So, some part of the browsing and downloading resources will be reserved for you to do the required browsing. But, this will take more time for the downloads to complete.

You are in a wrong thought that Windows 7 requires TCP IP patch of some sort. There is no such thing. Either you must try your downloads with some other torrent application. There are many of them available. If they do not work, then change your plan as mentioned in one of the above posts. If there is still a problem, then optimize your internet connection with the help of a tool called "Speedup My PC".

Ok......
    So, Windows 7 does not require a TCP IP patch of some sort. I have downloaded this tool called Speedup My PC. I am optimizing my system and the internet now. I hope that the problems will be solved after I do the optimization.
    If the problem persists, then you guys will have to provide some other suggestion.