Thread: Maximum Upload rate per Torrent

Maximum Upload rate per Torrent

I am using an ADSL, which means I can download about 8 times additional than I can upload. I desire I could do better but it's all the ISPs in my realm offer. Anyway, I am using an 8MB/1MB line as of now. I set "Maximum upload rate" under "Global Bandwidth" to 70Kbps. But now and then when I download 3 torrents at once, 1 might be upping 50Kbps and the 2 others maybe 5-7Kpbs each. I am not able to understand the reason behind this.!! So thought that you guys might help me in fixing this issue. Tell me about the maximum upload rate per Torrent. Hoping that someone will help me sooner.

Re: Maximum Upload rate per Torrent

You may be able to physically set a per-torrent upload speed, but there is not a setting to limit each torrents upload speed to a limit additional than global upload speed. Nevertheless there is a superior reason to not be one. Even if your global max uploads speed is 70 KB/sec and your desired per-torrent max is 30 KB/sec and you're running only 3 torrents at once. If there's eternally a case where 2 of the 3 torrents cannot manage to upload faster than 19 KB/sec, then you're slaying upload bandwidth because 19+19+30 = 68. If you do yourself limit individual torrent upload speed maxes, it's best to not limit all of them...or the same thing can happen.

Because in the BitTorrent speed depends on other users, and unfortunately, the connections are often asymmetric. That is, the drop is much higher than the rise and besides, everyone wants to lose more than what goes up, something that is impossible. If the rate of discharge is similar to the rate of increase means that BitTorrent is configured correctly, but may be the case that a particular discharge or at some point in the download the upload speed is greater than the discharge.

If the download is always less than the upload speed should review the configuration of our BitTorrent and computer. Maybe if you go slow taking into account the capacity of your line. The problem is the same as the previous question, but adding that most online users have a much lower so it will not be able to fill its line. Also you should know that the speed is controlled by customers but the tracker knows every time so that each user has risen and fallen. They may even kick users who upload very little banning the ip and other more complex techniques, in some trackers need to log in the website of the tracker before downloading.

I downloaded it on bitcomet, and I think it goes too slow. I do not understand anything, do everything according to intuitive and what I read on websites and forums, but as the language used is technical. I got that information will lower the maximum upload speed, who had unlimited and I have a 11 Kb / s. no idea if it's okay, but at least let me go back to surf the internet. Now I worry about the download speed, unlimited I have it, but I put the test data as the previous partner and see if you can help :
    Time used: 0.06 seconds
    Bytes received: 2048000 bytes
    Speed Kbps: Kbps 264257.9

• Generally, the test does not match 100% fact if you make the same speed test several times will not get the same results.
    • Not all the bandwidth that contracts can be used for downloading data.

The performance of a connection is never 100%. Keep in mind that these types of connections using various protocols (PPP, TCP / IP) that occupy bandwidth which reduces the useful bandwidth for downloading data. The results shown in the test corresponds to the useful bandwidth. Additionally, other unmeasured factors that may contribute to reduce the speed of the connection, such as network congestion, electromagnetic interference, etc.., Which also influence the final result.

Bitcomet Yo no idea, I recommend you pass to another bitorrent client like Azureus or utorrent, are those who have given us the forum best results, Azureus is heavier but offers greater possibilities while utorrent is much lighter but do not bring so many options. If you prefer the Azureus have a manual for this section to configure it.

Check the number of seeds and customers. Try to always use the best seed torrents / clients-the more seeds compared with clients in general is better. For example, 50 seeds and 50 clients is better than 500 seeds and 1000 customers. Disable Windows Firewall. This firewall hates P2P networks, so turn it off and put a decent Kerio or Zone Alarm. I've tried items 1 and 3 (the Windows will not affect me) and say that indeed things are going much better, especially the upload speed limit, but of course your results may vary.