Thread: Remove backups of terminated accounts using cPanel

Remove backups of terminated accounts using cPanel

I want some help in clearing this small doubt which I have in my mind. I am using cPanel and want to know if the backups of terminated accounts can be deleted using cPanel or not? For every account created, there is some backup memory allocated. If many such accounts are terminated, lot of memory space will be wasted and hence I want to know the method of deletion of backups for the terminated account. Any suggestions/solution regarding the topic are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remove backups of terminated accounts using cPanel

The feature of deleting the backups for the terminated account is not currently supported in the cPanel. Many people are facing the same problem and hence I think it will implemented in the next version of the cPanel which will be released soon I think. So till then we have to wait and see if there are any upgrades available or not.

I also want the feature which will delete all backups for the terminated accounts. The interface for deletion wizard should be easy to understand. My personal choice would be to see all the accounts which are terminated and then select to delete them one by one or all at a time. For selecting all the accounts there should be a separate button which will help in deleting all the backups at a time.

There is not such provision provided in the cPanel for deleting the backups for the terminated account which makes the space utilization a big trouble. Although there is a way in which the backup of terminated accounts. You will have to create the a script which will be find out the terminated accounts and then delete the backups for the account automatically.

It is sad to hear that there is no such feature to delete the reduntant backups. You have mentioned that the backups can be deleted using some script and hence I want to know how do I get this script? do I have to run the script manually or will it work on its own? Will the script conflict with the normal working? Please help

You will have to create your own script depending on the configuration of the cPanel. You can get it made by some programmer. You can also get the sample scripts for deleting the backups online. You will have to edit the sample script for making it work as you need. The script runs automatically and you will not have to do any thing.

Thanks for the reply. I got the updated script for deleting the backups from the internet and edited the script according to be used. Now all the backups for the terminated accounts have been deleted from the cPanel and now lot of free space is available on the server