Thread: Load Balancing

Load Balancing

I need some advice in server set up for my website. I have 3 web servers configured which are acting separately and hence want to know if the efficiency of the servers will increase if they are configured in load balancing rather than using them separately. So can anybody give more insights on this issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Load Balancing

The separate configuration of the servers is the better idea I think. Servers acting independently will work at more faster rate than the load balanced servers. I dont think that implementing load balancing will solve the problem at all. Instead the speed of operation of the server will increase. Hence separate configuration of servers is best according to me.

It is possible to implement load balancing on the three different servers if all the three servers are working for the same website. For such setup you can use "Round robin DNS" for load balancing. Using a Round robin DNS on the servers will shorten the response time of the server which would be more beneficial for the servers.

If the servers are serving different websites and still you want to do a load balancing then you will have to have a single database server for all the 3 web servers because the database updates will only be possible only if a single database server is used for all the web servers. Implementing load balancing using a single Database server for all the web servers will be easier task.

While implementing the load balancing using cPanel and round robin DNS, you will have to let the cPanel and WHM to handle the synchronization of files and the database from the primary node to the secondary node. Hence configuration of load balancing is very important for improving the performance of the servers.

Thanks for sharing such information with me. Now I have also started thinking that the implementing the load balancing will slow down the performance of the servers but still I want to know what are the exact advantages of implementing load balancing on different servers. Please share some helpful information.

In load balancing for the server, the work for all the servers are distributed across different servers which increases the performance of the servers. In load balancing the resource utilization for all the servers in minimum and hence more effective than using single server at a time. Hence load balancing will improve the performance rather than using a single server.