Thread: Remote Backup full (accounts+mysql)

Remote Backup full (accounts+mysql)

Hello there, I am currently using cPanel 11.25.0-R45750 with WHM 11.25.0 on my servers. As you know taking backup is very important and hence I wan to know when will the feature for backing up account and whole Mysql using Remote FTP will be released. Currently only the backup of database is provided by cPanel. So if anybody here has any idea about this issue, please help.

Re: Remote Backup full (accounts+mysql)

The Remote FTP back up option is already available with the version of cPanel which you are using. You can use the Remote backup option using FTP in WHM and get the back up of entire database using Remote FTP. Go through the help option of WHM to know the exact procedure for the using Remote FTP.

Yes I know that the entire MySQL database and user database can be backed up using the Remote FTP but the problem which I am facing is that the entire Mysql directory is sent as an attachment due to which I lost the entire Mysql directory while backing up the data. Hence I want to know if there is an integrated way of doing a backup using Remote FTP?

I think you want to take the backup of the system database and hence you are getting confused. Whenever any backup is performed, it refers to the user databases and not the system databases. Hence when you take backup, you will get all the information about the users but not about the settings of the system. Hope I cleared your doubt.

Yeah I was thinking backing up the server means to backup all the user database along with the system database and hence was getting confused. Now the idea is more clear but still I want to know out of curiousity if it is possible to get the system database backup? Do we require special permissions for taking the backup of the system database

Actually there is no need to take the backup of system database as the hosting provider will take up system database backup. All the system database and settings are saved in the backup which is taken up by the hosting companies. Hence dont worry about it.