Thread: Mail settings for Godaddy

Mail settings for Godaddy

I need help for setting up Godaddy Email account on my outlook express. I am no getting mails from that. I am not so good on computer so I need some basic steps to configure this. I need help in restoring and repairing outlook also.I have some mails in .dbx format. Does there is a way to open it. How to integrate a dbs file in Outlook Express. Is there a way to import Outlook Express messages in Windows Mail in Vista.

Re: Mail settings for Godaddy

You can reconfigure your incoming mail account service back. For that open outlook and then click on Tools. Now go to accounts and then click on new account. Follow the screen wizard and provide proper email id and password. Also provide your incoming and outgoing mail servers. You can delete the old account you have created before and then check back weather the same is working or not.

Run Outlook Express, create a new folder with any name and copy any message inside that and exit Outlook Express. Launch Windows Explorer and browse to the file you copied in the folder. disable hide system files in Tools / Folder Options. Delete the file old file and rename the file to integrate inbox.dbx and move the folder to the default directory and then you can view the same.

In the same way that when you delete a file on your hard drive, the file itself is not destroyed, his place was just released. In Outlook Express, where messages are stored in files, only compaction can resize. Dbx files by removing the spaces vacated by the deleted messages. Disconnect from the Internet and click on the File menu and choose Folder / Compact all folders. Since Windows XP SP2, the compaction is done automatically every 100 shutdowns Outlook Express.

To accomplish this task, you will then bring you the following. The first is your e-mail to configure and your user name with password. Then you will need POP account and SMTP. Open your Outlook and go to the menu Tools and click on Accounts. Select the type of server to configure and click Next. Enter the next screen all your settings. Follow the wizard and your job is done.

When you finish up with the first part of providing your user name and password then before ending click on More Settings and enter the Outgoing Server address then that. You can also tick the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then click on ok and and then finally on Next. Your account is now configured and you can now begin to explore your mail.

Also check out that your mail server is working fine or not. You can check that by contacting your friend who is using a similar account. Other than this the email client works well till the server responds well. You can check by sending a test mail from your online site. Otherwise there is no big deal in configuring outlook email account. Also check your internet settings.