Thread: Cpanel login problem

Cpanel login problem

Hello,
    For two days I can not LOGIN to Cpanel.
    It is this message:
    This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait a few minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

I have been waiting more than a hour, the server rebooted, changed the root password, but nothing is helping. Can any one tell me how I can login in to the cpanel? Thank you.

Re: Cpanel login problem

cPanel remembers when several logins are made, then it blocks with this message. As per the shell you can disable the Brute Force backup from WHM not, this is only in WHM itself I recommend once the WHM access to a completely different PC with a different link to try, since only your PC should be blocked. Should have loaded cPanel cPanel you can try a force update on the shell with "/ scripts / UPCP - force to make". Then when that did not help, you have directly get the manufacturer support, it can only help to you.

It seems to me that we could change the login to connect to Cpanel. Today I'm searching, I can not find. Is it therefore possible to change the login connection to Cpanel? Would also info to access Cpanel otherwise than through the port 2068 which is closed in my business? Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

1) To recover your password:
    Go into your member area on the site provider And click on Accommodation> List of my plans.

2) To change the password:
    Go to cPanel: Change Password

3) For the port 2068, I believe that there is no other. Should be asked to open the door of the firewall if you're in a corporate network.

I have a CentOS server with Cpanel 11 for a while, this morning he walked very well, but somehow tonight it does not work
    Let me explain:
    Tonight I wanted access to my site, and oddly I could not do it, firefox told me it could not find the address. So I decided to go on Cpanel, I connect to the management of my domain (port 2082), and I see no problem, so I decided to go on WHM (port 2086) and it does not work, I can not manage to connect. So I wanted to log into SSH and can not connect to it. I try and ftp miracle, my login (root) and my password (the same as for WHM) work, so I could recover a backup (phew ) But I do not really want to reinstall my server.
    I was no idea what happened, I try to restart the server but its not changing anything. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? or at least where it comes from (that I can avoid it next time).

Hello I have a problem with cPanel: Since I changed the password when I log on cPanel to manage my site up its writes:
    "TRIAL LICENSE This copy of cPanel / WHM Is a trial version and Will expire at the End of the trial term. You Will Need to upgrade to a Paid copy of cPanel / WHM to continue using the software After That term."