Thread: Problems connecting to Yahoo mail server with IMAP4

Problems connecting to Yahoo mail server with IMAP4

I have a Verizon VX6900 on which I have downloaded and installed yahoo mail on it. The problem which I am facing is that whenever I try to connect to yahoo mail server, it shows status as connecting and but it does not connect at all. The account which I am using shows that the incoming mails are configured to use IMAP4 and outgoing mail to smtp. So if anybody here know why I am facing problems while connecting Yahoo mail server with IMAP4 then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems connecting to Yahoo mail server with IMAP4

Probably there is some problem with the version of Yahoo mail which you have installed on the Verizon Vx6900 phone. Remove the currently installed version of yahoo mail from the phone and download the latest version. Install the latest version and see if the problem is solved or not. Hopefully installing the latest version of the yahoo mail will solve the problem.

I think for accessing the Yahoo mail on the phone, certain configuration settings are to be entered on the phone. Contact the ISP and get the required settings for accessing the yahoo mail on the phone. Once the phone is properly configured for accessing the mail servers, you will not find any difficulty while accessing yahoo mail on the phone.

I think the phone is not able to access the yahoo mail server as the incoming mails are configured using IMAP4. To access the yahoo mail on the phone, you will have to change the configuration for the yahoo mail from IMAP4 to POP3. Once the incoming mails are configured to use POP3, the phone will connect to the mail servers.

Thanks for helping out. I contacted the customer support cell and got the required settings for the phone. Once the phone was configured according to the settings provided, I was able to access Yahoo mail on the phone without any problems. The solution was to change IMAP4 to POP3 for accessing the yahoo mail.