Thread: Unable to send mail from within Webmail

Unable to send mail from within Webmail

Hello people, I am facing some issues while sending mail from the webclient which is provided by the hosting company. I am using the Horde webmail client to send my emails but I am not able to send even a single email. Whenever I am trying to send emails using Horde, I get the error message saying "code: 550, response: Verification failed for <email address> No Such User Here Sender verify failed". How to resolve this error? Please guide me step by step for this problem.

Re: Unable to send mail from within Webmail

Have you configured the mail client? If yes then check the configuration for the mail client properly. The configuration must have changed which is causing such problems while sending emails using the Horde webmail client. Check the configuration and make the necessary changes if required. Once the configuration is changed, you will not face the same problem.

Are you using forwarders for the web mail client? Forwarders sometimes create the problems which are similar to the one which you are facing. Login to the cPanel and click on Forwarders. Now the list of all the forwarders will be available. Delete forwarder which is configured for the email address from which you are sending the mail. After deleting the forwarder, see if you are able to send the email or not.

The problem could be with the version of cPanel which you are using. The latest version of the cPanel which is available has lot of bugs in it which are not solved yet. You can downgrade to a more stable version of cPanel and then check if the same problem continues or not. Hopefully using a stable version of cPanel will solve the problem.

There must be other webmail clients enabled on the domain. Hence you can use some other webclient as Squirrelmail or Roundcube and then see if you are able to send the email using the following mail clients or not. I think using some other webclient for sending the mail will solve the problem.

Locate the following string of the code and see if it is working :-
    Code:
    // SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Horde
    // will use the current username for login
    $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
    and then change the string to the following and see if the horde is working properly.
    Code:
    // SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Horde
    // will use the current username for login
    $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '';

I edited all the codes for as suggested and now I am able to send mail from the different webmail clients. Now the HORDE is working properly as per the codes provided. Thanks for providing all the help.