Thread: Spam originated from fake email accounts from my server

Spam originated from fake email accounts from my server

Hello there, I have an webhosting account which is generating spam mails from a fake email address which are not created on the server. All these email addresses are shown to be configured on the same domain which I have bought. I am very new to this field and hence have no idea on how to solve the issue. So if anybody here knows how to solve the problem, then please help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Spam originated from fake email accounts from my server

The email accounts which are sending the spam emails from your server must be listed in the email accounts list of the cPanel. Login to the cPanel and click on email accounts. Check all the email accounts which are registered on your domain. Remove the email addresses from the email account list and save the settings. Now see if the spam is generated or not.

For getting a proper solution for your problem, you can check the email headers for all the emails which are bouncing back. The full email headers can suggest some clues for what exactly the problem is and how it can be solved. Get the required email addresses header and then follow the further troubleshooting procedure.

Spam emails originating from a domain can create multiple problems. If the users are receiving a lot of Spam from your domain, they can report it and enlist you IP and domain in the blacklist, which will eventually block all the email transactions from the domain. Therefore I would suggest that you take the required action as soon as possible.

Thanks for sharing all the information. I know that the IP address and the domain can be blacklisted if the spamming is heavy from the domain and hence I need to know the solution. I have not checked the email accounts from the control panel and will try it today and let you guys know about it. Still if there are any alternate solutions, you can suggest them.

To prevent the IP address and domain to get blacklisted, you will have to implement some administrative policies. You can check all the header files of the bounced email and implement a proper solution for it by looking at the nature of the spam. Deleting the email addresses from the domain should help I think.

Yes I applied the system administration policies on sending and receiving the emails from the domain. Also as suggested I deleted all the email ids which were sending the spam emails from the domain and now the problem is solved. Now no spam emails are sent or received on the domain. Thanks for all the help provided.