Thread: Webmail giving Fatal error "Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted"

Webmail giving Fatal error "Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted"

Hello people, I am facing some weird issue while using webmail in my cPanel. I am using squirrelmail for accessing the webmail. While sending the email using squirrelmail it gives an error saying "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted" I cant figure out why I am facing such error and hence need your help. Any help regarding the topic is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Webmail giving Fatal error "Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted"

As you are getting a fatal error while sending the mail using squirrelmail, you can try and troubleshoot the error using the cPanel. The memory is getting depleted hence you can increase the memory settings from the Web hosting manager and then check if the same error is faced or not. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

As suggested, I updated the allocated memory to 256Mb but I am facing the same problem. It still gives the same error while sending mail using the squirrelmail web client. Is this issues related to web hosting which I am using? Is there any other way in which the error can be resolved? Please help.

Have you tried using some other webmail client for accessing the webmail? It is possible that the webmail client which you are using is having some problems and hence you are getting the following error. You can try and use some other web client like Roundcube and see if the same error is faced or not. Hopefully using some other webmail client will solve the problem.

After changing the size of the memory, you will have to restart the cPanel for the settings to take effect. Restart the cPanel and compose the mail again. If there is attachment then see to it that it is not greater than the size limit of the webmail client. If the attachment is greater than the size allowed, memory depletion error will be faced.

Go to the following location and check the memory limit which is set for the email. Location to be checked is "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/php.ini". Increase the memory settings to the maximum and check if the problem is solved. You can also change the timeout setting from 30 seconds to 60 seconds as it can also create the same problem which you are facing.