Thread: Spam mail sent from my hotmail account to all the contacts

Spam mail sent from my hotmail account to all the contacts

I think my hotmail account was hacked (at least that's what one of my contacts told me) that night and now spam is sent to all my contacts from my hotmail address. The spam messages do not appear in my sent messages, so I have no idea how many spam messages were sent (this is, according to my contacts, I believe at least three were sent). I changed my password this morning, it did nothing solved the problem apparently. I'm already not good at computers, but now I have no idea what to do and some of my contacts are getting enough. For a moment I thought to create a new hotmail account, but it did nothing to solve the problem, the old account continuing to send spam to all going. Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Spam mail sent from my hotmail account to all the contacts

Well, a little anyway, right? I have still a few who asked me what was happening in implying that I should move your ass and fix the problem. In the meantime, I changed my password and secret question yesterday. And then I just noticed that another spam message advertising has been sent. In fact I found out account because I just received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" email, telling me that some of my contacts have not received the email (why? I know, having said good for them). I guess they know how to do that, they(hotmail people) will check Personally. I see no IP headers of my posts well, no program I use Outlook-style, I always do everything from the server hotmail .

Hotmail can not do anything. As for the header, you can read from any webmail, simply click on "see the header" or "see the real message" or something like that. Anyway, this is not sent from your account, and sent thee for thy DSNF email sender is set, it does not necessarily imply that it was you who sent: proof is made of IP different from hotmail servers.

Note: your password has nothing to do with it. if I want to send an email with your address as the sender, I just write "from: your address" in the header, basically, nobody has hacked .

In fact, disable the auto signature in MSN (options at the top right) to start and also disable the automatic response in absence. Then, the best is to change your password and possibly other elements necessary for identification (secret answer, etc.). Try scanning your system with a good antivirus in this case i would ask you to use the microsoft security essential on your system if you already have it installed update the program and scan your system. if still the problem is not solved then you will have to reformat and reinstall the operating system.

From the current situation it appears as there is a spyware which has installed some program to do so. Check whether the Spyware has not installed a signature or an automated response in case of absence from your account.

To check your signature:
    • From the upper right corner of your Inbox, click on "Options" and then "Other options".
    • From the menu "Customize your email, click on" Personal Electronic Signature.
    • Select the text to delete and click "Save" to save these changes.

To check your automatic reply in case of absence:
    • From the upper right corner of your Inbox, click on "Options" and then "Other options".
    • Under "Manage Your Account", click "send automatic replies in case of absence".
    • Select 'Do not send a response in case of absence ".
    • Please delete the message that is present in the text field.
    • Click "Save" to save these changes.
    • After completing all these steps, you should find a regular use of your email.

Seem like this is what i advised 2 of my contacts once whom flooded their contact list (me-in-it) with SPAM revealing their people in their contacts lists. And Kuan sounds like my friend from that list. The spams were sent logging in from China. Not through a trojan infected in the users computer (both my friends computer whom I know its location.) Location is the country I know where they live and that aint China. Presumably if a spyware