Thread: How to get Internet on my Nexus One?

How to get Internet on my Nexus One?

I was using a GSM Card on my Nokia 3120 classic and it was possible to browse an internet through this phone and i have recently got a new phone which is a HTC Nexus One. I have inserted the same SIM card in this phone and want to access an internet through N1 but it does not seems to be working on it. Can anybody tell me where i could go wrong?

Re: How to get Internet on my Nexus One?

In any mobile phones, Internet settings are done from the network provider so i suggest you to first contact with the customer care of your network provider. As you have not mentioned the name of your SIM card or a network provider company, I would not be able to give you more information on it. And even if give you then also it would be of no use, Better you contact with the SIM's customer care center.

Actually as soon as you insert the card in your android phone then the network provide company will be automatically enabling the settings about an internet on your phone according to the capability of your phone. And you would be getting the messages about the same from them.
    Have you got any such messages yet? If no then you have contact with the customer care as it can be only done from their end.

There are some setting which must be done on your nexus one in order to access an internet from your phone. Go to the Settings and then Wireless & Networks, Here you would be having Mobile networks where you have click for the Access Point Names. Then touch the Menu button and fill up all the fields.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Here i have given you what you have fill in the fields when you get in to Access Point Names.
    • Name : Any name that you want to give, Better to give your Network name.
    • APN : domain of your network provider.
    • APN type : default,supl
    • MCC and MNC would be filled if you have your SIM in your phone.
    • Leave all other fields empty.

When you save those settings a new entry should appear with whatever descriptive name you gave. Click on the button next to it to activate it.

As per my knowledge there are three types of an APN, namely default, supl and mms. Leaving an APN type as an empty indicated that APN should be used for everything which also includes MMS. "supl" is used for assisted GPS to get faster and "default" is just used for internet connections. "http" might be an alias for "default" or it might not matter if you only have a single APN created.

You have to go to the Settings and then go to the “Wireless & networks.” Here you must be having “Mobile Networks” option given at the bottom. Now tap on the “Network Operators” section and your phone would be searching for the compatible GSM networks automatically. You may select for choosing it automatically by selecting which your phone should say “Registered on network.”