Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Connection Sharing via Bluetooth PAN

Internet Connection Sharing via Bluetooth PAN

I have problems while connecting the internet. I am trying to connect to the internet from my PC via bluetooth PAN on the W610 but when I try to connect to the computer, I get an error message stating that "bluetooth connection error". This is not the only thing, when I am trying to create the account and while accessing it tells me "locked". Anyone know what can be reason for this.!? I am oping some helpful replies from your side.

Re: Internet Connection Sharing via Bluetooth PAN

First of all you will have to "Enable Bluetooth mobile phone". Then follow the steps :
    1. Match ("pairing") mobile device with PC.
    2. Let My Bluetooth Places, View Devices in Range, right click Properties. And we give Authorization Network access.
    3. In the same window you access to our device and we PAN double-click on to initiate the connection with the phone.
    4. Right click on Tray Icon Widcomm> Advanced Configuration> Local Services> Network Access ... And in "type devices disservice to offer" select "Allow other devices to access Internet / LAN via this computer".
    5. Also it might be necessary to go to properties of the connection and Internet Connection Sharing and the Advanced Options: Enable and Allow.
    6. Let's Bluetooth cell phone .. to My Devices .. and from there to our PC.
    7. After you have logged in, we disconnect and go to Settings> Connectivity> Internet Settings> Internet Profiles ... and there we will have created a new account that will say the name of the PC.
    8. Select it and add any name (I got PAN). In my case I am connected to the Internet directly through a modem ADSL without router. And so I did not have to configure anything else in this step. I am saying this because maybe someone connects through a proxy OALGen well and need to configure anything extra in the profile.
    9. You should select this profile as default profile and profiles in internet Java. You can also go to Settings Email and configure mail account to use this connection.

Before you start an Internet connection you should know that not all Sony Ericsson have the PAN profile. For example, the W810 does not have this option. This method is suitable only if you have it. Like the W610 and many others with new Bluetooth drivers (2.0). The following are some requirements that you should fulfill :
    • Mobile Phone With Bluetooth PAN profile.
    • Bluetooth Dongle (bluetooth antenna apparatus of the PC) to accept PAN profile.
    • Have the WIDCOMM present.
    • No other program that controls the Windows PAN profile.

The good thing is we do not need any additional software.

To enable Internet Connection Sharing and configure a PAN network :
    1. Activate the Bluetooth functionality of the phone and set it to visible mode.
    2. Initiate a Bluetooth partnership from the phone.
    3. Tap Start Button > Programs > Internet Connection Sharing.
    4. Select Bluetooth PAN as the PC Connection.
    5. From the Network Connection list, select the name of the connection using the phone to connect to the Internet.
    6. On the computer, configure the network PAN (Personal Area Network, Personal Area Network) Bluetooth to the phone.
      For Windows Vista :

• Click Start> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Center Network and Sharing.
      • Click Manage network connections, and then click Personal Area Network, double-click Bluetooth Network Connection.
      • In the dialog box Bluetooth Personal Area Network, select your phone and click Connect.

For Windows XP SP2 :

• Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Network Connections.
      • Locate and click the Bluetooth Network Connection on the list.
      • Under Network Tasks, click View Bluetooth network devices.
      • In the dialog box Bluetooth Personal Area Network, select your phone and click Connect.

7. The display of Internet Connection Sharing phone, check state to verify that the equipment is properly connected to the Internet using Bluetooth phone as a modem.

You should also follow the IPCONFIG steps :
    1. Go back to your PC and open a command prompt. Usually I do this by going to (Windows XP) START> RUN ..> Then I type "command" on the space provide.
    2. On the Command prompt, type "ipconfig-all." Then you will be Shown the list of all. IP's working on your PC. Look For The category of the Internet connection you want to share to your Palm. Mine is a dial-up connection named.
    3. Under this category you will find at least two DNS Server IP addresses, use These IP addresses and input them on your Palm's DNS under Network Connection Details Servers.

The bridge-utils bridges allow you to configure the network cards., Allowing to connect different cards on the same computer.
    root@guenia# apt-get install bridge-utils

Dhcp server's mission is to provide a dynamic ip to the device that connects to the PC host. It should be noted that many devices do not have the ability to set fixed IP addresses, in which case no dhcp server is immaterial. Otherwise, you can choose to not install it.
    root@guenia# apt-get install dhcp3

Right click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray (bottom right, for those already lost ), Select "Advanced Setup", then the tab "Local Services" and, in the list, double-click "Network access". A window titled "Bluetooth Properties" will appear: in the "General" tab, locate the line "Select the type of service to offer remote devices" and the dropdown list just below, select "Allow access to ring road . Internet / LAN via this computer. " Click "Apply" then "OK". Click "Start", then "Connections" and "Show all connections". Locate the network adapter that gives you access to the Internet. For example, my home, it is my wireless card Once found, right click above and select "Properties". A window appears. Select the Advanced tab, then check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection. If a drop occurs just below, select the Bluetooth connection. Click "OK". Very important for this to work, you must install the utility dhcpsrv (find here ). Once downloaded, you must extract the location of your choice (in "C: \ Program Files" for example) . You will find in the folder to extract two files: dhcpsrv.exe, the executable file and a dhcpsrv.ini. This last file that we want: open it with notepad. Locate the line that begins "ROUTER_1 =...": you must enter an address here that you want for the NIC Bluetooth (you can leave the default). Finally, enter the same address in the line that begins "DNS_1 =...".

Hey guys,
    I desparately need similar information to access PC's net through bluetooth from my Nokia 5130. Is the procedure similar or different? Doesn't seem to be similar because I can't see any new Internet profiles (Access Points) in my Configurations. Any help will be highly appreciated. you guys are just awesome let me tell you.

All you need to do is to follow the steps:

• You need to open the Bluetooth Setup assistant which would be in application then utilities
    • Then you need to pair the phone with system
    • Now you may be prompted to select the option to access the internet with phone data connection
    • Now you may be prompted for connection setting information. Choose the desired name and password from the mobile service.
    • You can choose dial up and direct connection as needed.
    • Finish up the setup assistant and then check out. Your phone should be able to connect.

*You need to open the Bluetooth Setup assistant which would be in application then utilities*
    Thanks so much for the reply but WOW it all went beyond my tiny brain. LOL! Pair the devices is all I can do and suggested next is something I can't get. I am using Windows XP service pack and Widcom bluetooth stick. Can you kindly kindly explain it in a little more detail please. And also tell me what and where do I need to check in my phone that it is supposed to connect via bluetooth and not via it's Sim internet. My Nokia 5130 has a PAN bluetooth profile as found on Nokia's website but how to make use of it and where to find it in a phone doesn't seem to be possible for me. Thanks once again for your reply looking forward for more info.

Hey guys, there's an update on my issue here. I was having a little trouble understanding the WIDCOM software now uninstalled both my software and the bluetooth hardware and replaced by another bluetooth adapter with the bluesoleil software. Now everything is perfectly fine I can see the services available for my Nokia 5130 over there in the bluetooth and I can also connect using PAN and my nokia also displays that connected with the PC. But the funny thing is that I don't what to do in my Phone??????? How to access PC's internet in my phone? and what else I can do with PAN service activated. Please explain to me.
    Hey where are you Trio, Johnson and Jackson and other freeks? I badly need your guidance.
    Last edited by John Rambow; 15-06-2010 at 12:43 AM.

All you need to do is enable ICS (internet connection sharing) on the XP machine and setup an AD-HOC wifi connection to your phone. (Bluetooth is tooooo sloooow and too short ranged!) Here is the article at Microsoft on setting this up. (footnote- you may have to change the IP ranges for the ad-hoc system if it is the same as your lan!)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

Hi Einstien, Thanks for your reply I currently only need the Bluetooth Connection for the testing purpose only as I currently don't have any kinda wifi connection available. Yeah sure it must be too slow and too short range but I guess it still is something really new and exciting to me. So any help about doing it with bluetooth only will be highly appreciated.

I think that you will have to configure the Bluetooth Network Access Service on your PC to allow internet access.
    1. First right click on the Bluetooth Icon in your system tray and select “Advanced Configuration”.
    2. Then select the tab “Local Services” and highlight the “Network Access” service. Select “Configure”.
    3. After that check the box “Allow connected devices to access the Internet”.
    4. Lastly, just select “OK”. Select “OK” again on the Advanced Configuration dialog Box. You should see a popup box displaying “Configuring your settings”.

Hi guys I think I have set it all up correctly in my pc now with the help of you guys, now let me narrow down my question further: Is there any thing I have to do in my phone (Nokia 5130) to access the internet from my PC and not from it's SIM? Do I have to configure Access Point (called internet profiles in sony ericcsson) If so how do I configure my access point? Any further help regarding the steps I need to take in my phone will be highly appreciated. And also tell me why the world is so silent about using the pc's net on my mobile on the other hand there's tons of info available on using your phone as a modem for your pc. what do you think the reason could be behind it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast