Thread: Is it possible to set up mac mail with yahoo?

Is it possible to set up mac mail with yahoo?

Hi guys ! Do you all have any suggestion for me regarding some difficulties. I am going to register my yahoo email account with mac mail, When I moved to do this, it suggested me some option for .mac email pop imap and other. I have yahoo premium that contains pop and I am trying to sign up my yahoo but its not going to work anymore. You all have some ideas about this or am I doing something wrong .

Re: Is it possible to set up mac mail with yahoo?

It seems as Yahoo is just rejecting the membership to their premium services but if I have got to consider your OP, you are already subscribed?

In such type of situation, I organize a search on Yahoo and got something that can be helpful for you :

Here are the primary server configurations for Yahoo! Mail:

1- For incoming Mail (POP3) Server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 995)
    2- For outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication)
    3- Account description means Name or Login Name: Your Yahoo! Mail ID (your email address without including "@yahoo.com")
    4- Email Address: Your Yahoo! Mail address (Example, xyz@yahoo.com)
    5- Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

If you would need to go into mail.app, the you have traverse on the following location : Mail=> Preferences=> Accounts=> and click the small [+] icon and fill in the blanks. To begin off, you would primarily choose a POP account, and then just keep going'...Take a look at the attached image ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you very much and your help is appreciated and worked for me . After your suggestion, I found my mistakes and I wonder why yahoo is not getting in consideration for any more premium members,I thought different thing during the errors that they are just going to reject there service. I have some more question in this series ,I have stored so much mails in yahoo which seems as the recent and unread email. How can I choose my entire mail and check is at read mail instead of it indicating recent mail.
    Last edited by Seducer; 26-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.

For this, you need not to worry about .There is option in the configuration of emails through which you can fix this . Just click on the first or last email, keep down the shift key then after click on the last/first email, right click (or if not working with the mouse, ctrl- left click) and in that small pop up menu choose Mark=> As read.

There is one more through which you ca perform the same procedure but you need to do it from the keyboard.just hover the cursor on the mails that you wanted to make then as read and click [Apple key -a ](for All). Then check them as Read.

And [Apple key - ]clicking is the same as ctrl click that you always perform in Windows environment.This will let you to do just what you are clicking to be selected , along with whatever else you have already clicked or [Apple key - ]clicked).

I have tried to apply your suggestion earlier and used it for the registration
    on my yahoo email account and that is on my Mac, but it going to perform many thing The messages always keep getting received as

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Yahoo!” or try again."
    What I need to do?Please suggest me something .......!!!