Thread: Problem in linking Hotmail to Outlook

Problem in linking Hotmail to Outlook

I am facing some problems with linking my Hotmail and Gmail accounts with MS Outlook 2002. I have recently installed MS Outlook 2002 on my computer and I am trying to link my hotmail account with it but everytime I link the account it gives some error. The error message which is encountered is "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Object doesn't support this property or method: 'View Ctl1. Outlook Application". How do I solve this problem? Please help.

Re: Problem in linking Hotmail to Outlook

You must be entering some wrong configuration settings for the email account due to which the system is giving error. Contact the network administrator and get the appropriate settings for configuring the outgoing and incoming mails on the Outlook 2002. Configure the outlook according to the settings which are provided by the network administrator and then see if the emails are redirected using the outlook 2002.

I have configured the hotmail account as per the settings which are provided by the network administrator but still the outlook is giving the same error while linking the account. I have configured the hotmail account using the HTTP option. Can this be the reason for the error? Is there any other alternate way to link the accounts? Please help.

Try configuring the Outlook 2002 for hotmail account using the POP3 Server settings and see if the same error is faced or not. Configure the outlook 2002 as per the settings provided :-
    • POP: pop3*live*com ( replace the * by .)
    • SMTP: smtp*live*com ( replace the * by .)
    • Incoming server (POP): 995
    • Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
    Save the configuration settings and then see if the emails are redirected from the Hotmail account into the Outlook or not.

As suggested I configured the outlook 2002 for redirecting mails from Hotmail to outlook 2002, but it did not help. Now the Outlook2002 gives an Authentication Required error while sending emails. Emails cannot be received on the Outlook 2002. Is there any more configuration required for redirecting the emails from Hotmail to Outlook? Please help.

When you configured your account did you use your full e-mail address as the User Name under the Logon Information? The redirection from the hotmail to Outlook will not happen unless you provide the correct authentication information in the configuration. After providing the authentication information in the configuration, check mark the option which says "My outgoing server requires authentication" to Yes and save the configuration.

Thanks for providing all the help in configuring the outlook with hotmail. I provided the authentication information in the configuration and enabled it. Now all the emails are redirected from the hotmail to my outlook email client. Initially all the emails were not redirecting but tweaking the configuration solved the problem.