Thread: How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?

How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?

Hello guys

I have updated my IE7 to IE8,
    when I sing to my yahoo mail, and then click a new browser it comes with the same mail page, but in IE7 it does not keep me signed in yahoo mail,
    and when I click sign out from the yahoo mail page to long in to my other account, it's signs me out from the previous one,
    how to slove this problem please?

kindly any information to fix this trouble I will highly appreciate it,
    many Thanks in advance,

Re: How to sign out from yahoo mail in IE8?

Hello there, I dont think that there is any problem with your browser. Everything is going on fine. When you log out from your account, it should not have opened in another browser and thats what is happening.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

No, there is a problem, i guess u didnt understand what I am talking about,
    I will simplify again:

I am using IE8, when I log in to yahoo mail, and I want to open new browser to sign int o another yahoo account, this new browser it comes with the 1st yahoo mail that I opened already,
    here the question: why still saving my mail page? I didnt click the " remeber me" box, I cleared all cookies, all forms from AutoComplete properties, but the problem still remain,
    I dowloded FireFox Mozilla browser, the same story...
    any solution?
    in IE7 and all old broswers that i used before never keep me signed in,

The problem is not with the browser. While logging into a Yahoo mail account, there is an option below the user name and password known as "Keep me signed in". If this option is selected, you will remain logged in using the same account. Hence while logging in remove the check mark from the option and see if the problem continues.

No, it's not this, I didn't select that option.., I always uncheck it, I am using Yahoo since over than 10 yars ago, so I knew all options,
    just something as special cookie saved or certain technical potential embadded in IE8,
    bcoz I use IE7 on my PC and does not save any, I can open as much as I can yahoo mail acounts,
    Only IE8 and FireFox Mozilla does the same trouble too...

Kindly Note the following:
    1. I unchecked (as always) the remeber me box
    2. I cleared all saved forms, cookies,passwords from the AutoCompleter bialog box,

if any solution will be appretiated,

Have you tried to delete the cookies for your IE8? if not then try to do it first. The cookies is basically stores the information about the previous session. And because of that you keeps login into the yahoo mail even if sign-out from it. I also suggest you to always delete the history of your internet browser.

Hello, I am not having IE8 Installed on my machine. But, yes if you are facing this problem with the Mozilla Firefox also, then I can give you solution for that. You just need to click on the Tools menu. After that you need to select the Security tab. Then select the Exceptions overthere. Here you will get all of the passwords which are saved. Even you have not saved the password, but it may possible that by mistake, due to some issue in browser, it got saved and you can remove that by selecting the Remove all button. So, just select that and then click on Close. After that click on OK. Your problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by momtaz View Post
    I am using IE8, when I log in to yahoo mail, and I want to open new browser to sign int o another yahoo account, this new browser it comes with the 1st yahoo mail that I opened already,
    here the question: why still saving my mail page? I didnt click the " remeber me" box, I cleared all cookies, all forms from AutoComplete properties, but the problem still remain,
    I dowloded FireFox Mozilla browser, the same story...
    any solution?
    in IE7 and all old broswers that i used before never keep me signed in,
    You opened IE8, you logged in to your Yahoo. Then you opened a new IE8 browser and go to Yahoo. Now you are asking why the new IE8 browser showing your Yahoo mail you just logged in?

Signing in with your Yahoo account in IE8 or Firefox or any other browsers will keep you signed in even if you open a new browser unless you sign out first from that account you just logged in.

To be able to have different Yahoo account opened, you must use different browsers for each Yahoo account (IE8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc)