Thread: Embedded YouTube is not working on Mac OS X

Embedded YouTube is not working on Mac OS X

I have Mac OS X 10.6.3 on my computer. I have recently updated my software to install the latest version of flash but still I am unable to view embedded YouTube videos on every browser: Safari, Firefox or Opera. This doesn't seems to be browser issue since no browser is able to play any videos. I have checked the settings of cookies and also pop blocker but nothing happens. Please help!

Re: Embedded YouTube is not working on Mac OS X

Go to Finder, then your hard drive icon, then Library folder and then Internet plugins. Here you should be able to see a lot of flash files stored, specially flash player.plugin and flashplayer.xpt. Delete all of them. Now open any browser, go to Adobe website and reinstall Flash. This time you should be able to view Youtube videos without any problem.

I am having a similar problem since three weeks now. The worst part is that this is not with every embedded Youtube videos and I am sometimes able to view some of the video's on Youtube's site. I even noted that the rate of embedded videos playing has decreased since it starts. I have searched on google for this problem with Mac computer but didn't found any results. This was not the case until I have upgraded my computer from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3. I think the problem is related to Mac upgrade.

I don't think this could be related to Mac update. Did you tried creating a new user and see if that happens? Even I am using 10.6.3. Have you ever flip4mac installed on your computer? If not then install or reinstall it. If it doesn't work then try to pull the quicktime plist by going to Finder, clicking on the house icon in the side bar, selecting library folder and then preferences folder. Here you should see com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist. Move it to your Desktop and restart your computer. Now once again try to view some videos. As I said before, if it works then delete it and if not then reposition it to its original position. I would also recommend your to try reinstalling the update once again from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1017

Thanks for your responses but nothing helped. I tried creating a new user account. I also tried installing Flip4mac but it doesn't worked either. I even tried to delete com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist from the location as suggested but that too didn't worked. I even noticed that a new file was generated after the restart on that location. So I replaced the file to get everything back as it was earlier. Is there any solution or should I have to reinstall Mac once again.