Thread: Airtel Launches HD PVR STB

Airtel Launches HD PVR STB

Hi friends,
    I have read that the Airtel had recently launched the HD PVR STB.!! But I am not knowing more about it. Also I want some additional information about it. So I thought that take some information from you guys would be helpful. So please tell me more about the Airtel that Launches HD PVR STB. Hoping that someone will help me soon as possible.

Re: Airtel Launches HD PVR STB

NDS, the leading provider of technology solutions for Pay TV, today announced it will provide your technology Airtel DTH platform in Bharti Airtel, a leading provider of telecommunications in Asia. The idea is to use NDS XTV DVR services in integrated into the Set-Top-Boxes. Airtel digital TV launched its personal video recorder (PVR) on Thursday, only the second DTH player after Tata Sky.

Yeah, it seems to be the good product. The HD PVR STB which is launched by an Airtel has many good features. You can record up-to more than 100 hours and the Hard-Disk of 160 GB. The approximate market price for this product is Rs 6,990. The recorder, which would allow viewers to record, pause or rewind live television, will be available to the existing Airtel users for an upgrade at Rs 5,990.

NDS XTV enable Airtel customers to pause, record, rewind, play or re-watch your favorite programs. This new technology also will allow you to record one program while watching another or record two shows simultaneously. It has a 160GB hard drive and can record up to 100 hours of programs. In addition customers can manage and configure their playlists via the new NDS EPG system. The conditional access system is employed and uses NDS Videoguard MediaHigway middleware.
    Last edited by Orlando; 22-04-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Accordion to me this can be very useful product. You should also knowing about the USB PVR. It is a powerful receiver that caught my attention for its design, almost oval, innovative, and the USB reader and SD Card. The receiver has a PVR function where we can use an external Pendrive, a hard drive or memory type SD / MMC / MS. The receiver can read most popular video files such as AVI or DIVX and how could it be otherwise, you can also listen to MP3 music and display JPEG images.