Thread: Help Regarding MTNL GPRS Settings for HTC

Help Regarding MTNL GPRS Settings for HTC

Hello there, I have recently bought a HTC windows mobile which has Windows mobile 6.5 installed on it. I have a MTNL Sim card which has GPRS activated on it. Now I want to access MTNL GPRS on my phone and hence I need Help Regarding MTNL GPRS Settings for HTC. So if anybody knows how to configure the phone then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help Regarding MTNL GPRS Settings for HTC

HTC windows phone does not require any configuration for accessing GPRS on it. The phone gets configured automatically when a GPRS activated card is inserted in the phone. The phone allows the user to select the service operators from the list. Once the operator is selected, the phone is configured automatically to use the GPRS on the phone. You will just have to be sure if the GPRS is activated on the SIM card or not.

Try configuring the phone manually and see if the Internet is working on the phone or not. To configure the phone for using MTNL GPRS on it, select Start and then select Settings. Go to network settings and Select connection Tab. Now click on Create new connection and name the connection name as: MTNL
    Put the access point name : pps3g.
    Now enter the following authentication details :-
    Username : mtnl
    Password : mtnl123
    Save the settings and Connect to GPRS. This settings should work.

As suggested, I selected the service provider as MTNL and then reboot the system. The phone shows that it is configured for accessing GPRS but still the GPRS is not working on the phone. As the automatic method failed, I tried configuring the phone manually, created a new connection with the name MTNL and then configured the connection as the settings given. After saving the settings, I started the browser but it gives an error message saying, cannot connect to remote server. Are there any more methods to configure the phone?

Click on Start and select Settings. Go to network connection and select the Modem settings tab. Try the configuring the phone using the following settings :-
    Connection name : MTNL GPRS
    Access Point Name : gprsmtnl(city) enter the name of the city for eg del for delhi
    Save the settings and go to Proxy

Under Proxy tab, go to Wap proxy settings and enter the following settings :-

Wap Server : 172.16.31.10
    Port : 9201
    Username : mtnl
    Password : mtnl123