Thread: Changing the behavior of Ctrl + Enter Keys

Changing the behavior of Ctrl + Enter Keys

I am using an LG desktop installed with windows 7 operating system. Most probably i use the Internet Explorer for browsing purposes. I want to change the behaviour of the CTRL + ENTER KEY SInce whenever we typ a string in the address bar and press ctrl + enter we get the www. and .com before and after the string respectively i want to change this behavior to www. and .fr .

Re: Changing the behavior of Ctrl + Enter Keys

For achieving this you will have to create a new registry key named as quickcomplete in the registry editor and also you will have to create a subkey with the same name then simply double clicking on the default in the right pane will open a small new message box open write www.s.fr or which ever extension you like this will become your default extension whenever you press CTRL + ENTER

Thanks for the initiative for replying me but i think that this method what you suggested above have not helped me at all so it would be better if you try to post me another method so that i can try to achieve this objective since i had to type every time the url of the website which i want since it does not ends with .com

To do this, click on Start, Run, enter REGEDIT and confirm with Enter key.

* Open successively keys HKEY_ CURRENT_ USER, Software, Microsoft, Internet Explorer Toolbar. If the key QuickComplete is not, create it via the menu Edition New, Key.

* Select the key QuickComplete, Right click and select Edit, New, String Value to create a subkey and name it also QuickComplete. Validate by Enter key.

* In the right pane, double-click the key named (Default). Enter http://www. s.in% (No spaces) and confirm with OK. Returning Internet Explorer, enter ratp in the address bar type Ctrl + Enter. That's page www.techarena.in that appears.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Instead of doing all the above steps of editing the registry keys and then creating a new registry key and also a sub key. I think you need to book marks some pages which have extensions other than .com . If possible try to use the Mozilla Firefox browser which helps you to type only few alphabets of the url and then it list all the similar url's you only have to select the required url and press the Enter key.