Thread: Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo mail is accessed

Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo mail is accessed

I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system. The computer has an internet connection and Mozilla firefox is set as the default browser. The problem which I am facing is Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo email is accessed. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. So if anybody else is facing similar problems with Mozilla firefox then please suggest some solutions to solve the problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo email is accessed

I think there is some problem with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. Every application which is installed on the computer has lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the browser is corrupt or missing on the computer then the browser will not work properly. You will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the system. So uninstall the current version of browser from the computer and remove all the files/keys which are related to the application. Reboot the system and then install the browser again. See if the browser works properly or not.

Re: Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo email is accessed

Certain websites create problems in the browser when visited. Such websites when visited will either not open in the browser properly or will make the browser crash. If the website is having the problem then there is nothing much you can do about it. Therefore I would suggest you to wait for some days till the webmasters solve the problem and then try and visit the website which is crashing your browser.

Re: Mozilla firefox crashes when Yahoo mail is accessed

There is a high possibility that the system is infected by some kind of virus which is creating such problems while accessing the website. Virus's have the tendency of getting linked to the files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the applications whose file is infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the infected files, check if the browser is working properly.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Are there any security software's installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the possible reason for the browser crashing while accessing yahoo mail. The basic tendency of all the security software's is to block the unknown traffic outgoing and incoming on the computer. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic desired by the user also gets blocked. So try and move the process of the browser to the list of known applications which will prevent the application from blocking the traffic generated by the browser. You can also try and access the website by disabling the real time shield of all the security softwares.

Sometimes the add-on/applications which are installed on the browser create problems like the one which you are facing. Many times the files of the add-on/application are corrupt. If such an application is installed on the browser, it will corrupt the files of the browser. If the files of the browser gets corrupt then the browser will not work at all. Hence open the browser in safe mode and see if the browser works properly. To start the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in run tab. In safe mode all the applications which are installed on the browser are disabled, hence if the browser works properly in safe mode then find and remove the application which is creating problems in the browser.

what I have found is that if you open something you know is stable in the first Firefox tab, and then open a new tab in that Firefox window- and then open yahoo email in the second tab. As long as Yahoo email is NOT in the first tab it seems to be OK.
    R