Thread: How to install Apturl on Linux

How to install Apturl on Linux

Hi,
    Does anyone is uses Apturl. I need some information on it working. I only know about this is that it is used to download files from internet. How does this work and how to install it. Does this tool is included in the Software Repositories of Ubuntu. What files can I download from this and does the same tool is safer to use. What about the compatibility issues.

Re: How to install Apturl on Linux

The GNU / Linux use package managers to install software on your machine. While it is extremely easy to install applications via Synaptic or the good old apt-get install, it is even simpler. Apturl is an addon for Linux which allows you to install whatever you want just by clicking a link. To begin, we will install the application apturl via Synaptic or command - sudo apt-get install apturl.

Don't forget to restart your web browser after installing the same. Once the browser Reboot, you can then be able to test apturl. The extension is really easy to use. It offers you a quick way of installing application to your Linux PC. There is not compatibility matter with other browsers yet. For a fast access to any application link Apturl is a proper choice.

Here is a way how Apturl works. Suppose that a blogger writes an article on Gnome Main Menu. He might find useful (and visitors too) to offer direct installation, rather than impose on the reader having to look in deposits or typing commands on his terminal. To make an apt link, follow these steps, <a href="apt:gnome-main-menu"> Install Gnome Main Menu </ a>. Now that the visitor clicked to install the program, apt-get ordered to install. This clearly means that the program could be installed if it is in deposits.

For those who do not yet know apturl is an application that allows you to install programs through a url type apt: name-of-packet. On Ubuntu it is installed by default since Gutsy, and it is among others supported by Firefox. And although you can use links apturl in conversation. Very useful for example if a friend or a client not too shrewd with Ubuntu you have to install a package is installed. Simply provide the link needed in the conversation. One can also imagine a conference IRC where you can make your employees easily install programs through training.

Apturl is really a very nice program for application installation. The best thing is that it is used as a simple addon the web browser and you have to just click on it to being the installation. When you click on this asi t found a link there is no risk to install code file, it is here that a simple handy shortcut. You can try out once and see the result for the same.