Thread: How to get contacts from Thunderbird to Live Mail

How to get contacts from Thunderbird to Live Mail

I am using windows 7 and i also like to use Mozilla Thunderbird and after about a week i found that Live mail is a much better option to work with. I configured each and everything with the Live mail except the ccontacts. Anyone knows how to get contacts from mozilla thunderbird to live mail. I would be very much thankful to you.

Re: How to get contacts from Thunderbird to Live Mail

As far as i know Mozilla ThunderBird you will need to export the contacts from the Thunderbird and then import the same contact to the windows live mail. This will help you to get all your contacts in to the windows live mail from the Mozilla Thunderbird Email client. Hopefully you will be able to fix this issue soon.

I would like to inform you that you cannot directly import the contacts from the Mozilla thunder bird application to the windows live mail. I think First of all you will have to export this contact to your system and then these contacts can be imported in the windows live mail. This way you can get the contacts back.

Thanks for replying me friend it seems as it is possible to achieve this as soon so i would like to import the contact from the Mozilla Thunderbird to windows live mail. can you please elaborate on this statement. If possible give me the step by step procedure to achieve this transferring of contacts.

Thunderbird's mail files are in the standard plain text "mbox" format, which almost all mail programs can use or import. Many proprietary mail programs have a function to import from Eudora, which also uses the "mbox" format; this function should read your Mozilla mail files properly. your problem should be fixed definitely.

You can Export the contacts of Mozilla Thunderbird in around three formats viz. LDIF , CSV or Tab delimited. Of all the three formats only csv format is supportde by the windows live mail. so open Mozilla Thunderbird and then click Tools -> Export the contacts in the CSV format on your hard disk after this open windows live mail and import this file all your contacts will be imported in the address book.

Your post was most helpful. I was beginning to worry that it could not be done. Thank you for helping to resolve this issue.