Thread: Mozilla firefox opens new tab on its own

Mozilla firefox opens new tab on its own

Hello people, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The computer has an Internet connection and Mozilla firefox is set as the default browser on the system. From past few days I am facing a weird problem with Mozilla firefox which is installed on my computer. While browsing Mozilla firefox opens new tab on its own and the tab loads faster than the desired page. It is very frustrating as I have to change between the tabs. I want to know if this problem is due to some virus? Please help.

Re: Mozilla firefox opens new tab on its own

I think there is something wrong with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. The applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it and which are required to run the application properly. If any of the required files is missing or corrupt, then the application will not work properly. The only solution to solve such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing. Replacing the corrupt or missing files will solve the problem. Uninstall the browser and remove all the files/keys which are related to the browser. Once all the traces of the game are removed from the computer, install the browser again and see if it works properly.

The possibility of virus infection cannot be neglected and hence get the system scanned by some updated antivirus. Virus's have the tendency of linking with the files of the applications which are used frequently by the user. If such a situation occurs then the application will not work properly. Therefore scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. After repairing the infected files, see if the browser is working properly. If the number of files of the browser which are infected is more, then you will have to reinstall the browser.

Have you tried any other browser? There are many browsers which are available online which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google Chrome, Safari, Opera etc are some of them. All the mentioned browsers have more or less similar feature and hence can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Download one of the mentioned browser and install it on the computer. See if the newly installed browser works properly or not. If the newly installed browser works properly, then there is something wrong with the installation of Mozilla firefox and hence should be removed.

Are there any applications/add-on installed on the computer? If yes then they could be the reason behind the problem. Sometimes the files of the application/add-on are corrupt. If such an application/add-on is installed on the browser then it will corrupt the files of the browser also. If the files of the browser gets corrupt then it will not work properly. Try running the browser in safe mode. In safe mode all the applications/add-ons which are installed on the browser are disabled. Therefore if the browser works properly in safe mode, then find and remove the application which is creating problem. To start the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in Run tab.

I was also facing same problem with Mozilla firefox which was installed on my computer. Tabs used to randomly open while surfing which made difficult for me to track the tabs. I searched a lot for solutions and finally found out that it was a bug in the version which I was using. I uninstalled the browser from the computer and then downloaded the latest version of the browser which was available and installed it. After installing latest version of the browser, the problem was solved.

I'm having the same issue except I cannot update to version 9 since it will knock out my international internet banking. I updated and that's when the dreaded tab opening spree started. I can be typing inside my yahoo email box inside messenger and the darn thing starts popping up tabs over and over. I uninstalled Mozilla 9 and went back to the 8.1 but it still is unstable! I have the paid version Avast and run Malware bytes, no viruses...I'm using Vista and if I switch to windows "exploder" it lumbers like the dinosaur that it is so that's out. Anything that will wipe out my bank app is not appreciated since this is a long distance f' around. Yahoo messenger outside of the email box is also crashing saying I need to update my flashplayer to 11 but I HAVE 11 so I uninstalled, reinstalled and still the same thing. Is my only option going back to a happier day and resetting the whole computer?

Have you recently installed some plug in to this? If yes then that might be the reason for the problem. So what you can do is, just remove the recently installed plug in from it and see if that makes any difference or not.