Thread: What are the different Internal Ranking Factors of a Website

What are the different Internal Ranking Factors of a Website

Hi,
    I have website which primarily publish news and free downloads. I had started right now posting small blogs on current topics. To improve the page rank of a site I need some information on those factors which determine the internal ranking factor of a website. What points should I keep in mind about this things to get a good improvement on my sites rank.

Re: What are the different Internal Ranking Factors of a Website

There are numerous factors that actually influence your position on internet. That depends mainly on the search result. The internal ranking factors are those which are known by most of web owners. Some of the factors involving in those are, the first is the text amount on a page. Search engines favors those site which have a high amount of content. It is better if you can add more content on your articles. The optimum size which is recommend here is 500-3000 words.

That is proper. If you have a good amount of content on your site then you can improve your site ranking. The other important factor that play a vital role in this is the number of keywords used on the single page. What keyword you are trying to target must have repeated at least 3 to 4 times in the page text. The more repetition in a proper manner can be made. But that must sound logical.

I am not sure weather you might have heard about keyword density. Here is a basic explanation of this. Keyword density is an frequency of a the keyword as per the total text mentioned on the page. That means if you have a word which is 4 to 5 times present in the first 100 text then your keyword desity is 5%. You can improve this by adding up more keyword specific words and thus increase your text search.

In the case of keyword density it is recommend that you it should remain more than 7 to 8 % for a better response and not having any negative seo remarking. But that does not means that your article information must be reduced. Another short rule for this is that if the keywords are placed closer to each other in the starting of a page then the page becomes more important in the search engine.

In your page use the key format heading. This is highlighted as the <h> tag on your web page. In the same way you can use <h1>, <h2>, etc to make your page more effective. This are more recommended tags today and still works. Try to highlight your keywords in bold if you are using CSS. It is not necessary to highlight entire line but just a text can do.