Thread: Does Google decides which content to index & what not to index?

Does Google decides which content to index & what not to index?

Hi there,I planning to launch a Website but having some doubt about the indexing of the page so i am here to ask the same with you to get the solution of my issue. Does Google decides which content to index & what not to index? Is Google is responsible for the indexing of the web page to the Google search? so that when we search for the site will get in the Google search. If any one have idea about the same then let me know about it so that i will launch my website and indexed it to the Google. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Google decides which content to index & what not to index?

Yes this is completely depend on the Google that which content of the Webpage to index and which is not to index. The Google first checks for the content of the webpages and search for the same and search for the duplication. If its is duplication then Google will not index the content. The Google are having very fast search mechanism which detect the duplication of the thread in seconds. Google only index the site if it is regularly updated, having popular search and trusted by the people. So if your website have all this feature which will attract the user towards the same and Google is aware of the same then it will index your site.

Google have set up three guide line for the indexing of the website to the Google which are as:
    1. Design and content guidelines
    2. Technical guidelines
    3. Quality guidelines

If you follow all the three guideline and develop the Website according to the same then only Google will index your content to the Google Search. The guidelines will let you know about the what to put in the Webpage. To know more about the Guide line visit here

It is really difficult to understand the Strategy of the Google Chrome but one thing is for sure that the Google is responsible for the indexing of the content of the Webpage. The Google analyzes the website of yours and if he find some thing valuable that will attract the user then only he will index your webpage to the Google search. If your website are having some unique content and people are searching for the same then Google will index the page.

If your website are ready and want to index it to the Google then you can index it directly by the service provided by the Google. Click here and add your URL to the on the same. But it is completely dependent on content of your Webpage. If your site are having good content and Google find is valuable the he will index it but he is not sure about the same. So check the link that i have given and add your URL to the Google.

If you will follow the below given guideline then it will be easy for you to let the Google index your web page
    1. Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines. Don't deceive your users or present different content to search engines than you display to users, which is commonly referred to as "cloaking."
    2. Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a website that competes with you. Another useful test is to ask, "Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn't exist?"
    3. Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web, as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.
    4. Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Gold™ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google.