Thread: Xbox live ports

Xbox live ports

Many people wondered that uses the port for the XBOX XBOX Live;

This port 3074

Source: MS Xbox LIVE FAQ

If you can connect to the network when you bypass the router, you may need to reconfigure it to allow network communication on specific ports required for Xbox Live . For this service to work properly, the following ports must be open:

• UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074

Configure a router with the XBOX-Live

Can you give example to configure router with this Xbox live ports? I thought we need to just plugin our xbox 360 in router and everything works automatically? it does work fine for me? what are the need t configure with this ports?

Re: Configure a router with the XBOX-Live

Quote Originally Posted by morton View Post
    Can you give example to configure my router with this Xbox live ports? I thought we need to just plugin our xbox 360 in router and everything works automatically? it does work fine for me? what are the need t configure with this ports?
    Most people think that all they have to do is connect their 360 to their router (or attach wireless) and everything works fine. It is true that Xbox Live works, but you'll have problems when it comes to playing games.The problem is due to your Xbox is not fully visible to the "outside world" because of NAT (Network Address Translation) by your router.

Re: Configure a router with the XBOX-Live

Quote Originally Posted by morton View Post
    Can you give example to configure router with this Xbox live ports? I thought we need to just plugin our xbox 360 in router and everything works automatically? it does work fine for me? what are the need t configure with this ports?
    Yes you are right, sometimes it takes configs automatically and sometimes we need to make settings, you can try to diagnose the problem right on your console. Go to My Xbox and open System Settings, then select Network Settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Re: Xbox live ports

If there is a firewall device between the Xbox and network equipment, you may have to configure the firewall to allow communication on specific network ports. If the NAT status in the status area network Dashboard is "moderate" or "strict", you may have to configure port settings.

The following ports must be available to your Xbox 360 console for Xbox LIVE to operate correctly:

• TCP 80
    • UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074
    • UDP 53
    • TCP 53

Re: Xbox live ports

If you have a firewall all you have to do is block port 3074/UDP and probably the port 3074/TCP. This port has been registered by Microsoft to IANA for use with the Xbox. The Xbox also uses the port 88/udp (Kerberos 5) for communication with Microsoft's servers, you can also Boquer if you do not want games like Splinter Cell are using your connection.