Thread: Flash player not working in Google Chrome

Flash player not working in Google Chrome

Hello people, I have a laptop which is running on Windows XP operating system. I use Google Chrome as the default browser to access Internet on my laptop. For few days I am not able to watch videos from Youtube on my laptop. I think the flash player is not working in Google Chrome but I am not sure about it. Also sometimes I cannot type the URL in the address bar. Therefore it would be great If anybody can provide more insight on this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Flash player not working in Google Chrome

By looking at the problem it looks like the version of the browser which is installed on the computer has some problems. Every application which is installed on the computer has many files associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the browser get corrupt then the browser will not work properly. The only solution to such kind of problem is to, replace the corrupt files. Uninstall the browser from the computer and remove all the files/keys related to the application. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, reinstall the application and then check if the browser works properly or not.

To watch the online videos, the internet connection should be fast. If the connection speed is slow then it will take lot of time to buffer the video. Also the bandwidth required for watching the videos is more. Therefore check the connection speed and the bandwidth which is provided by the ISP and do the further troubleshooting. You can check the quality of service of the link which is providing the bandwidth by visiting websites like Speedtest and Pingtest. These websites provide online tests which are performed on the link to get the quality of service of the link. When the tests are complete, the websites tabulate the results which show the performance of the link.

Some of the add-on/application when installed on browser create problems similar to one which you are facing. Many times the files of the application/add-on is corrupt. If such corrupt application is installed on the browser, the browser files are bound to get corrupt. If the browser files get corrupt then the browser will not work properly. Try disabling all the add-on/applications which are installed on the browser and then check if the browser is working properly or not. If the browser works properly when the application/add-on are disabled then find the application which is creating problem and then remove it from the browser.

I was also facing similar problems with Google chrome which was installed on my computer. The browser was not able to open any website that had flash content. I tried to search the solution for the problem and came across one which actually worked. It seems that the update that get installed on Google chrome sometimes get corrupt the browser which will only work properly if the system is restored. Therefore try restoring the system at some previous restore point when the browser was working fine. Restoring the system to some previous restore point will solve the issue.