Thread: Steps to transfer files on hosting

Steps to transfer files on hosting

I am planning to move my files to my web site from a other one. The things is that my old side is integrated to a sql database. This site has gone old and now I had upgraded a new one. So for that I want to transfer my old data from that to the new one. For that I need steps for installing joomla filezilla and steps to transfer files on hosting.

Re: Steps to transfer files on hosting

Immediately download and install joomla. To transfer files to your Joomla hosting, open your FTP client. In training you can use Joomla FileZilla. At this stage you will necessitate the following information to transfer files:The address of your FTP server (Host) and Your FTP login and password. Once you have transferred all the files in the archive of Joomla on your hosting, you are ready to begin installation. To start the installation of Joomla in your browser enter the url of your site.

If all goes well in installation then you will come across this page: The home installation interface is dedicated to verifying the compatibility of the configuration of your server with Joomla. In fact, for Joomla to function correctly there are some prerequisites such as writable in some cases, the version of PHP which must be higher than 4.1.0.

You have to check out the settings properly. If a settings page that is red during the installation process then it will change the configuration (ie rights to files or php settings by using the access file such as register globals ...). You can then move further after that. The information which you will necessitate to add is The address of the MySQL server (localhost, an IP address, name mysql5-1 ... by host) , The name of the database and the username and password associated with the database.

For illustration the database name, user and password are identical. It is only to simplify the tutorial, but in a configuration for a production site this information will be different from each other. The prefix table may be useful to identify the data tables of Joomla if you have several different scripts installed on the same database: here all the tables relating to Joomla will shape jos <table name >. Once the MySQL connection settings filled in, click Next. A confirmation box asks if you're on the accuracy of the data, click on OK.

If installing the database was completed correctly, you should get in step 2, which asks for the name of your future site. For our example, the title Training Site is Joomla. Fields site URL (the address for accessing your site through a browser) and path (the path of the directory where the files are stored Joomla) must be pre-filled. Enter your email address to receive email system and change the password if you wish. Do not change other features if you are unsure of what you do. Click below to go to the last installation step. This last step is to list summarizes your administrator user name and password.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain