Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Automatically connects to internet

Internet Explorer 8 Automatically connects to internet

Hello there, My computer is behaving very weirdly. The computer is connected to Internet connection. Earlier I used Internet explorer 6 on my computer to access Internet which I recently updated to Internet explorer 8. Usually to connect to Internet I used to use dial up connection which I used to dial whenever I needed but now Internet Explorer 8 Automatically connects to internet. Also some websites do not open in Internet explorer 8. I dont know what is causing such problems in the computer. Is it some kind of virus? Please help. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Automatically connects to internet

I think the version of the browser which you have installed on the computer is corrupt due to which you are facing such problems. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. The only way to solve the problem is to replace the files which are corrupt. Find the files of the browser which are corrupt and then replace the files or Uninstall the installed version from the computer and remove all the files/keys related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, reinstall the application again.

I was also facing similar problems with Internet explorer 8 when it was installed on my computer. I also upgraded the Internet explorer 6 on my computer with Internet Explorer 8 and all sorts of problems started to arise. I suppose that the Internet explorer does not get upgraded properly from version 6 to version 8. I solved the problem by uninstalling Internet explorer 8 first from the computer and then removing internet explorer 6 from the computer. Once both the browser where removed from the computer, I downloaded setup file for Internet explorer 8 and then installed it again on the computer. Now Internet explorer does not give any errors while working.

Are there any add-on/applications installed on the browser? If yes then it could be the reason for such a problem. Sometime it happens that the files of the add-on/application are corrupt. If such corrupt application/add-on is installed on the browser, it is bound to corrupt the files of the browser. If the files of the browser are corrupted then the browser will not work properly. Try disabling all the applications/addons of the browser and then see if the same problem continues. If the browser works normally when all the application/add-ons are disabled then find and remove the application/add-on from the browser.

Check the network preferences of the computer first. It is possible that the dialer is configured to dial for the connection when the computer is starting. If such an option is selected, the internet connection becomes active when the computer is starting and hence Internet explorer is able to connect to Internet automatically. To check if the dialer is dialing the internet connection at startup, open the browser and select tools. Now select Internet connections and select connections tab. Now check mark the options which says "Never dial a connection" and save it. Now the Internet explorer will not connect to the Internet on its own.

It is possible that the computer which you are using is infected by some kind of virus which is connecting the computer directly to the Internet. Virus's get downloaded on the computer, while visiting websites or while downloading certain files from the internet. The main intention of the virus's is to get linked with the system files. Once the virus gets linked with system files, it will create some problems in proper working of the computer. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for the files which are infected by virus. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Do not delete any files as it may lead to total system failure.