Thread: What is air-to-ground (ATG) system

What is air-to-ground (ATG) system

hi friend
    i always go to abroad for my business.Recently i could also access the web in flight . This is a great technology because of i could access the internet. so i can easily access the web on my laptop .i think there are used such a radio access network with air to ground so i want to know about that type technology ,how it work in aircraft as well as how it support to wireless connectivity. So please any one tell me about air-to-ground (ATG) system.

Re: What is air-to-ground (ATG) system

ATG is a air-to-ground system is a such a type of a technology which work as a Radio Access Network (RAN). The ATG type of technology is a high speed system as well as air-to-ground links for broadband communication to and from aircraft in flight. ATG meas air-to-ground system which work in flight or in sky wireless technology which uses three small antennas installed outside the aircraft and connects to Aircell's nationwide mobile broadband network. Because aircell is a company which has launched that type of technology.

ATG is air-to-ground system uses EV-DO Rev-A technology mostly that type of EV-DO Rev-A work as the air interface from air to the ground communication as well as delivered an average throughput of 1-2 Mbps to each aircraft. The air-to-ground systems are simpler to analyze than terrestrial systems.but make sure inside the aircraft cabin used Wi-Fi or any other local-area air interface technology for the sharing the system. If your using laptop for web communication in flight that time you need to connect to gogo inflight signal with ATG interface to Aircell's nationwide mobile broadband network.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Past few years back it did not possible for accessing web in flight means in sky but after growing of technology using of some wireless network connection it is possible to access the web in flight. The ATG means air to ground technology work with radio access network. ATG RAN consists of EV-DO skyBTS base stations, IP-RNC 8500 Radio Network Controllers (RNCs) and the AirVista Element Management System (EMS). So then with ATG network passenger can used web ,access internet as well as check email, connect to corporate intranets, and make VoIP voice calls while flying.

As a design wise when we used ATG RAN network use of skyBTS that time EV-DO used a interface from air to ground or ground to air communication for sending some data s well as accessing web . The ATG RAN provides high availability, seamless mobility, and scalability to continent-wide ATG networks. The ATG RAN connects to the operator’s core network to provide connectivity to operator services and the Internet. So we have ability to access the web at 10000 feets.