Thread: Safari constantly crashes in Windows Vista

Safari constantly crashes in Windows Vista

Hello, I have a Asus laptop which is installed with Windows Vista operating system. The computer is connected to an Internet connection. Recently I installed Safari as the default browser on my computer but I am facing problems while using it. Whenever I use Safari, it works for sometime and then it crashes. This happens every time I run the application. Therefore if anyone knows why Safari constantly crashes in Windows Vista then please suggest some solutions/suggestions which may help me in solving the issue. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Safari constantly crashes in Windows Vista

I think the version which is installed on your computer is corrupt due to which it is not working on the operating system which you are using. All the applications have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files of the application is corrupt then the application will not work properly. You will have to remove the installed application first from the computer and then reinstall it. Remove the installed version of Safari from the computer. Remove all the files and the keys which are associated to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, install the browser again and see if it crashes again or not.

Are there any add-ons/application which are installed on the computer? If yes then they could be the reason why the browser is not working properly. Sometimes the files of the add-ons or the application are corrupt. If such corrupt application is installed on the browser it will corrupt the files associated to the browser also. If such situation occurs then the browser will not work properly. Therefore try using the browser without any add-on or application and then see if the browser crashes or not. If the browser works normally when all the add-ons or applications are disabled, then find and remove the application which is creating problem.

Scan the computer with some updated antivirus as there is a possibility that the computer is corrupted by some kind of virus. Virus's get downloaded on the computer while visiting certain website or while downloading some data. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the applications which are frequently used by the user. If virus infects the files of the application then the application will not work properly on the system. Hence scan the system and check if there are any files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then see if the browser behaves normally or not.

I was also facing the same problems while using Safari on my Windows Vista computer. Safari used to crash whenever the application was started on the computer. I suppose that the Windows Vista operating does not supports the application and hence it leads to constant crashing of the browser. I would suggest that you use some other browsers to access the internet on the computer. There are many browsers like Google chrome, opera, mozilla etc which can be used instead of Safari. Google chrome and safari both use the same engine which is developed by apple.

Windows Vista does not supports the Safari browser and hence it wont work properly if not run in compatibility mode. If the browser is not used in compatibility mode, the browser will either work very slowly or will keep crashing which is happening in your case. To start the browser in compatibility mode, right click on the icon of the browser and select properties. Now open the compatibility tab. Check mark the option which says "Run the application in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP operating system. Once done, save and apply the settings. Now the browser will not crash while being used.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain