Thread: iChat not working with MobileMe

iChat not working with MobileMe

Hi,

I have a imac with mac os x 10.4. My problem is that I can't see my buddy list. I am able to log in but I am not able to send or receive message. Is this the problem with MobileMe ??? Why my iChat not working with MobileMe ???

Re: iChat not working with MobileMe

Secure iChat only works if your iChat partner has a MobileMe account, and has also enabled the safe chat. If you use a secure iChat between a MobileMe account and a chat. Mac Chat to start account, then both participants Mac OS X v10.5.4 or later and Mac OS X software update for MobileMe have installed.

If you can not start a chat using iChat, whether or not you are using Safe Chat, you should first check your internet connection errors by trying to consider other network services such as e-mail or display Web pages. If you can not invoke other Web services, check Your Internet connection errors . If you can access other Internet services, but not iChat and you are using a routing or a device that contains the NAT and make sure that your device is configured for iChat.

You can easily determine whether your own settings are configured correctly by trying to chat with another member of MobileMe. If you can chat safely with other partners, but not with a particular partner, then the problem probably lies in its settings. Configured, make sure that the appropriate partner for iChat to be MobileMe account, and that security is enabled.

If you are unable to use other secure services, such as iTunes Store, you get error messages from other secure Web sites and receive SSL warnings of mail and other programs that depend on security certificates, you may be from a wider problem Your keyring or Mac OS X itself concern that needs to be resolved before you try to use secure iChat

If you can chat securely with any MobileMe member, you update your security settings using iChat to open settings, your MobileMe account in the Accounts Select Settings and then click Disable iChat encryption in the area of the field account security. Quit iChat, open it again and re-enable iChat encryption security, the iChat account settings. When you update your iChat and select Preferences Security still can not, you may have about MobileMe account, a certificate revoked iChat and then create a new secure certificate, by enabling the secure chat, iChat as explained above under Setting up MobileMe Secure.