Thread: Unable to Maximize Google Chrome in windows 7

Unable to Maximize Google Chrome in windows 7

I am having an hcl me laptop which is installed with windows 7. I mostly use the google chrome broswer to browse over the internet. But From last few days i am unable to maximize the google chrome browser window. whenever i try maximizing it it gets closed automatically Please help to get this browser back to work normally. Any help in this matter would be appreciated highly.
    Last edited by Crooked; 11-02-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Re: Unable to Maximize Google Chrome in windows 7

I think you have not installed the google chrome browser properly. You have also not mentioned from where you downloaded the google chrome browser. I would recommend youto download the browser from the official google website. After downloading it from the google install it again on your system.

I too had the similar issue with my google chrome browser. Then i searched it for a long time and finally i found that for some reason the new version of chrome doesn't play well with alienware themes which was already installed on my system so after uninstalling the alienware themes my google chrome browser started working.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Faced the similar kind of issue with the google chrome browser in the past whenever i try to maximize the browser gets closed. So in desperation i uninstalled the existing copy of the google chrome browser and then downloaded it from google again and reinstalled it and it suddenly started working.

As far as i know a system restore will definitely going to help you in this matter. So i would request you to restore your system to a specific date where your system was working correctly. If this does not solve the problem then switdh to a different browser like Mozilla Firefox and Opera or safari. They also work wonderfully

Apparently you might have been running some sort of theme with your windows system. I think removing the theme will definitely solve this issue. Since when i faced this issue i fixed the solution when i removed WindowBlinds theme - VIOLA from the system. After the removal of the theme the chrome started working. Atleast give it a try.