Thread: Alert : You need to replace your data on MobileMe

Exclamation Alert : You need to replace your data on MobileMe

Hi,

I have an new macbook pro g4. My problem is that when try to change some contact on my iPhone, it syncs with mobile me web site (me.com), but when I want to synchronize my computers, so that I can save the changes made, it gives me a error message saying "You need to replace your contact information on MobileMe" and wants "to replace your" on the computer that has to do the most updated info. However, my iPhone and me.com website have the information currently available, but replacing only be done on computers. When you click "fix later" cancel synchronization only and does nothing else.

Re: Alert : You need to replace your data on MobileMe

Make sure the software update for your iPhone or iPod touch was made. IPhone OS 3.0 or later is recommended for all MobileMe subscribers using an iPhone. Then on your iPhone, make sure you can connect to the Internet. For example, open Safari on your iPhone, then navigate to apple.com. MobileMe requires Internet connection for synchronization. We recommend using a 3G connection or Wi-Fi to sync or when you take a good part of the steps below. The synchronization may take several minutes via an EDGE connection.

Confirm that synchronization is not already underway. If a synchronization is underway, the activity indicator is displayed during the search for Safari bookmarks (if bookmarks are being synchronized), timetable (if schedules are being synchronized), contacts (if contacts are being synchronized). If synchronization is in progress, wait until it ends, then make sure your data is up to date.

If you receive this message on the computer that does not have updated information, click Adjust later. On the computer containing the latest information, reset your sync data on MobileMe. You must do so only for the type of data mentioned in the alert message. If you synchronize multiple computers with MobileMe, other computers will show you the warning that your data has been reset to MobileMe.

Ensure that your MobileMe account is configured correctly on your iPhone:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
    2. Tap New data and verify that Push is enabled. Tap Mail ... to return to the previous screen.
    3. Touch your MobileMe account.
    4. Tap the account data and check the Address field.
    5. Make sure your address is displayed correctly (it should match your MobileMe email address, ie abc@me.com or abc@mac.com).
    6. If you've received an alert on your name or your password in step 6, delete and reenter your MobileMe password, then try again check your mail. If you continue to receive same message, try to connect to me.com/en. If you can not connect, see this article.
    7. If your account appears to have been properly registered, return to the previous screen and make sure that the sliders of the data you want to synchronize are activated.

If you receive this message on the computer that has the updated information for the type of data involved, such as calendars, click Replace. This will automatically reset the affected data on MobileMe with the data on your computer. If you synchronize multiple computers with MobileMe, other computers will show you the warning that your data has been reset to MobileMe.