Thread: How to sync Mobileme with windows 7

How to sync Mobileme with windows 7

Hi,

I have a problem with syncing the Mobileme with my windows 7 pc. When I connect my iphone with itunes, I am not able to sync my contacts, calendars, or bookmarks with MobileMe. I am getting error code 5006 while syncing. What may be the problem ??? So can you tell me how to sync Mobileme with windows 7 ???

re: How to sync Mobileme with windows 7

Make sure you can connect to the Internet, Open a web browser and verify you can access sites Apple.com and Me.com/en. If you can browse some web pages but not on websites or Apple MobileMe, contact your network administrator or ISP for further assistance. And make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes, synchronizing contacts, calendars and bookmarks to MobileMe requires the latest version of iTunes.

Make sure you use software that are compatible :

The contacts must be recorded in a compatible contact managers include:
    • Outlook Express
    • Windows Contacts
    • Outlook 2003
    • Outlook 2007

Calendars must be registered in one of the compatible calendaring applications include:
    • Outlook 2003
    • Outlook 2007

Bookmarks (or favorites) must be stored in one of these compatible browsers:
    • Safari 3
    • Internet Explorer 7

If data that sync to MobileMe have a number of unexpected changes, you may need to reset your sync history. This brings MobileMe to propose a merger or replacement of information during the next synchronization of your data. To reset your sync history:

1. Open iTunes.
    2. Choose Preferences from the Edit menu.
    3. Click the Devices tab.
    4. Click Reset Sync History.

Improper installation of the iTunes software may prevent synchronization of your contacts or calendars with MobileMe. To reinstall the software required to synchronize data with MobileMe, you must remove Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes from your system before installing the latest version of iTunes.

Try to synchronize content with a new Windows user, it may be useful to determine if the problem is with a Windows user account specific or all accounts. Once connected to the new user account, create some contacts or calendar events to test in the consistent application of your choice and try to synchronize data with MobileMe. These new data sync properly? If this happens, it's probably a problem with the content of the original user account that you must identify.

Check your data on MobileMe on an iPhone, If you are syncing calendars and contacts, log in to MobileMe and check the data online is correct. You can also check your data from an iPhone or iPod touch. If your MobileMe data are not synchronized with your computer, reset the sync data on MobileMe. If the data stored on MobileMe are correct, you can synchronize the data again on your computer with MobileMe. Note: After reset, Outlook displays including information about your contacts and calendars you can see on the Web. For example, if a number appears in the field ISDN (ISDN) to a contact in Outlook, it will not appear in contacts MobileMe on the Web after syncing and Outlook will be erased after resetting MobileMe.