Thread: How to set multiple homepages in Google Chrome

How to set multiple homepages in Google Chrome

Hi, i am having a Windows Vista operating system(FYI) and use Internet explorer as my default web browser. In last couple of days i worked on Google Chrome and found it as well very interesting. So, now started using the same and need some tips from you all. I wanted to know How can i increase the number of suggestion in address bar and set multiple homepages in Chrome ? Please help me out for the same.

Re: How to set multiple homepages in Google Chrome

With Chrome, you can set multiple home pages and automatically open in separate tabs when you start your browser. Here is what you need to do:-

• In Google Chrome, click the Customize menu and control Google Chrome then click Options.
    • In the At startup, select Open the following pages.
    • Click the Add button.
    • Enter the address to use as homepage or click on an address visited and click Add.
    • Repeat for the other pages open at startup and click Close.
    • When you start Chrome, the addresses you have defined are then automatically open in separate tabs.

Called Omnibox, the address bar of Google Chrome automatically suggest sites to visit based on words you enter. For this it draws on the sites you've visited, your favorites, but also the results of the Google Suggest. By default, 6 suggestions are proposed, which can be very low. Here's how to see more suggestions:

• Click the right mouse button on the Google Chrome icon on the desktop or the Quick Launch bar. Select the Properties command from the menu that appears.
    • In the window that opens, scroll to the end of the Target field. After the quotation marks, add a space.
    • Enter the-Omnibox-popup-count = 20 by replacing 20 by the number of suggestions to display.
    • Click OK. Restart Google Chrome via this shortcut.
    • Now the address bar of Chrome displays more suggestions when you type in a keyword.

Hey mates, thanks for sharing this useful info and tip about Chrome. I also need a similar help from you guys. I have seen many people watch the Weather Forecast right on the Chrome browser. Well, thats very interesting for me. Please make me know how can i display Weather Forecast on my Chrome Browser ? Help appreciated.

With Weather Forecast extension for chrome you can display the weather for any city in the world directly in the toolbar of the browser. In Chrome, go to the page of Weather Forecast in the library extensions from Google. Click the Install button. In the window that opens, click Install. The extension is then installed. You must now set the locale to use for the weather. Click the Customize menu and control Google Chrome and Extensions. Click the Options button next to the extension Weather Forecast. Then enter the name of your city. Check the box Display Celsius temperature display in degree Celsius and click the Save button. The forecast is displayed directly in the toolbar of the browser. Click above for forecasting several days.