Thread: Installation of a Dial-Up Network (DUN) connection

Installation of a Dial-Up Network (DUN) connection

hi
    i am bca student.I have personal computer in my home.But it has not any type of internet connection but actually now i want to access some internet connection for my personal use by mobile.But that need some software installation like DUN means Dial-Up Network (DUN) connection,but i don't have any idea about that.I am using windows 2000.so please anyone help me for installation of DUN.

Re: Installation of a Dial-Up Network (DUN) connection

DUN means dial-up-network which is most useful connectivity in internet access because if you are using computer and you want to connect you computer to internet as well as you are not connect to any type of LAN then you need to install and configure DUN mean dial-up networking.You can also use windows 2000 with dial a point of presence (POP) and after that log into internet service provider.You also can access DUN through the my computer icon.When you used any different type of online service then that type you can also configure a different profile,it also called connectoid.

It's a great thing that your using windows 2000 operating system for the installation of dial-up network.You can use that type of network for installation or establishing path of internet connection where on by phone line or any other network requirement.It doesn't need of any type of LAN connectivity.If you want to install DUN then you need to click on start,after hat point on program then accessories finally click on dial-up networking in windows 2000 operating system.Finally you can click on installation file.

Before installation of DUN on windows 2000,ensure that modem is correctly installed or not.You can also refer some documentation for information then if modem is not correctly installed then immediately remove it from device manager and after that reinstalled the driver.After that In Control Panel, double-click the Network and Dial-up Connections icon.Double-click the Make New Connection icon.Before clicking OK,fill the information then click Dial-up to the Internet,and then click Next.Finally click i connect through a phone line and a modem,and then click Next,finally dial name of connection after that click no and finish the process.

When you install DUN then log into ISP means internet service provider.Because ISP need to provide some information like gateway address as well as IP address of computer.Whenever you dial dial up network connection that time you will see like you want internet connection manually or via some LAN connection that time click next then click i connect through a phone line and a modem, and then click Next.After that type name ,password as well as phone number and finally finish the process of installation.