Thread: Crossplatform Video conferencing in MAC

Crossplatform Video conferencing in MAC

Hi,
    Does a separate chatting software is needed if I to setup a video conference. I have a MAC computer and a friend of mine is working on Windows. He said that my video quality is not good when I video conference with him. For that he recommend me MSN Messenger. What should I do here if the same case lies with other platform also. Thanks in advance.

Re: Crossplatform Video conferencing in MAC

Now you can get a Mac compatible version of MSN Messenger including video conference. This enable a Mac user to have at its disposal an application capable of that famous video-conferencing with MSN Messenger which almost all Windows users use. If you are awaiting for a voice chatting tool then this can be the first choice which I will recommend.

In my case if I send the stream of my webcam from Mercury that my friend receives on its MSN Messenger in Windows XP. He did not have a webcam we could not test the simultaneous sending of 2 webcams. I had found no problem in MSN Messenger and thus I found this that the same is quiet useful on MAC too. You can try that out first.

Mercury is a software from the world of free is a java client based MSN messenger. It will soon be compatible with the Jabber protocol affectionately by most other competing customers of MSN Messenger, iChat, etc. I will stick with Mercury because my entire circle is working on MAC. MSN too is now suitable for it but I had never used the same.

There are other tools too which you can use for a better video conferencing. I think iChat is nice. It comes with the operating system and easy to use and configure. The only best part of this software which I like in my case is that it is very easy to use and configure. You does need to have a expert knowledge on the same. All is a single click work.

Today there are wide variety of chatting software that are available for MAC. Like Live webcam. You can simply join this community and stay live all the time on the internet. The thing is that it gives out a better speed in chatting and video conferencing on internet. The audio and video quality rendered by it is good. It is an online service with multiple security supports.