Thread: Thunderbird not receiving new email messages

Thunderbird not receiving new email messages

Hi,

I have recently purchased Dell desktop with 64-bit Windows 7. In my old computer I was using Outlook Express for email. I have used MozBackup to export files in the Outlook Express and then import to Thunderbird on the new system. But now my thunderbird not receiving new email messages, but i can send email. POP settings all appear to be correct and match your OE settings. I would appreciate any suggestions to help us with this issue.

Re: Thunderbird not receiving new email messages

I think ". Msf" files (index files) are damaged. To restore the proper indexing of the folder, click on it, right-click, and select Properties from the pop up window, click the "Rebuild Index" on the general tab. You can also close Thunderbird and manually remove the index files from your profile folder, they will be restored the next time.

Make a backup copy of your profile folder and try to compress the folder damaged account. Note that it says "corrupted account, and not the bad folder. There is a possibility that a possible error in your Inbox leads to violations of mail filtering.

If start Thunderbird suddenly ceased to be available almost exclusively to a single account (or multiple accounts, sharing your Inbox), but the account settings are still in place, go to the profile folder and look to see if there duplicate folders for storing mail account. For example, for an individual account, POP3, which does not use a shared folder "Inbox": in the folder "Mail", if the account folder called "mail.myISP.com", see if there is a folder called "mail.myISP. com-1 ". If so, look at what the folder actually contains the email (file size should be very different). Now you can either restart Thunderbird and specify the correct folder as described in Where to store mail, or manually copy the mail from another folder and restart Thunderbird. If successful, unused folder can be deleted from the profile folder manually.

If the mail folders do not appear in Thunderbird (for example, after migrating from another mail client), make sure that each folder directory (for example, "Foldername.sbd") there is a corresponding mail file (for example, "Foldername"), even if this level, there is no mail. If mail is not the appropriate file, you can simply create an empty text file and save it with an appropriate name (be sure to save without extension ". Txt").

Thunderbird needs to know your incoming (POP / IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP). Depending on whether or not your first email account, the SMTP server may or may not already be filled in by you. Either way, the input and output domain e-mail is mail.yourdomain.com, whether you use POP or IMAP!