Thread: Utorrent Error : Element not found

Utorrent Error : Element not found

Hi,

I've been using uTorrent for a large number of downloads of movies. But I am getting error message: "Element not found". When I do that the file always comes back about 99% complete. Why am I all of a sudden lack parts of the files that I had already been completed. What exactly does this mean or should I find another torrent to complete the download?

re: Utorrent Error : Element not found

What operating system are you using? What version of μTorrent are you using? Download the. Torrent file again. (Note: Do not delete files you have downloaded and only specify that downloads in the same place.) Another thing that worked for some is to restart the download torrent. (stop / start or power of initiation, depending on your client.)

I have windows xp and my version of utorrent is 1.7.5. I was downloading a multi-file torrent, and accidentally deleted one of the files already downloaded. Now I am getting an "element not found" error because you can not upload that file, so it shuts the whole torrent. I do not need this file again, just want to finish downloading the remaining files. Is there any way to ignore missing files, or will I just have to start all over again?

Default μT stores its configuration files in a separate folder in the user profile to open it, select Start> Run, %appdata%\utorrent and click OK.

Check the files in this folder:
    • settings.dat settings
    • resume.dat with information about jobs
    • . old files - continuously updated backups. If you suddenly turned off the computer and the client lost all the tasks, try to replace the file resume.dat file resume.dat.old
    • torrent files tasks (unless configured otherwise indicated)

Uninstall and then reinstall the latest version of Uttorent. After you have uninstalled uttorent, use CCleaner because it knows all these places and can find dozens of types of data that need not ever again (temporary files, records, facilities badly, cookies, traces of the explorer, history ...). Once installed you can configure to display the CCleaner cleaning option in the contextual menu for the recycle bin and even for me to review your computer each time it starts.

Usually this happens when the parameter bt.compact_allocation. Close it because this feature is not yet complete. If you need to save space when downloading, use the diskio.sparse_files (only for disks NTFS). It is also likely that you delete / rename files torrent. Bring them to the place, give them the old names. This will solve your torent error problem.

Re: Utorrent Error : Element not found

if you right-click on the torrent which can't find the element and click "force start" it will continue to download. this worked for me however i do not know what implications it may have so could someone confirm if this is ok. THIS IS AN EASY FIX.