Thread: Utorrent Error : A socket operation encountered a dead network

Utorrent Error : A socket operation encountered a dead network

Hi,

I have windows xp pc. I have formatted my my pc, since then I am bot able to use uttorent. I am getting Error : A socket operation encountered a dead network with utorrent. Recently I have installed BitDefender Antivirus. Why Uttorent is not working ??

re: Utorrent Error : A socket operation encountered a dead network

I think your getting error : A socket operation encountered a dead network because of using the Anti-Virus BitDefender. If you use BitDefender , You will encounter this error quite often (once per hour, or more often), then requiring full completion of the process utorrent.exe and re-opened. A complete solution is to use another Anti-Virus.

If you encounter this problem even without BitDefender, try to uninstall (not disable) the firewall. If it works, please let the forum μTorrent, a firewall is causing the problem. If you are not using a firewall, make sure you have the latest network adapter drivers, as problems can arise because of them. This can occur when physically disconnect the local network, or when you turn off your modem or router.

This error is usually caused by BitDefender. Disable the program does not solve the problem, the only solution is to uninstallation of BitDefender. If you run into this error, but not using BitDefender, it may take uninstall the firewall program. If you are not using any special firewall, you can upgrade your network card driver is gaining because it is often defective / expired driver s causing this problem. It can help also, if you reboot the modem.

Thanks for the help. I have uninstalled the BitDefender but still I am facing the same problem. Even I have not changed any settings of Uttorent neither I have done changes on my pc. Can anyone tell me what should I do now ???

After unistalling the BitDefender, use RegCure Registry Cleaner. You can choose which programs you want to launch on startup and you can stop unneeded software from starting automatically also find and remove corrupt files. Invalid entries in the section on dynamic link library the registry can cause frustrating application failures, RegCure restores and repairs the registry and keeps you out of DLL problem.