Thread: How to Disable Active Content in Internet Explorer?

How to Disable Active Content in Internet Explorer?

I am unable to load a particular Web page using Internet Explorer. I think that the problem is causing because of the active content. I have even formatted my machine once but then also the problem was not resolved. Later I came to know that the problem is residing in the active content. I came to know that problems with active content such as ActiveX scripts, ActiveX controls, and Java programs in Internet Explorer would cause such issues. So I want to disable the active content. Can anybody tell me how to Disable Active Content in Internet Explorer.?? Please help me to sort out my problem.!!
    "All gave some, some gave all."

Re: How to Disable Active Content in Internet Explorer?

If you are getting the Active Content issue in Internet Explorer then your browser should be of older version. You can configure Internet Explorer so that it does not run Active scripts by itself. For doing this you will have to follow the steps mentioned below :
    1. You will have to launch an Internet Explorer first.
    2. Then click on the Internet Options which would be in the Tools menu.
    3. In that option click on the Security tab. After clicking on that click the Internet Web content zone and then click Custom Level.
    4. Now in the setting box, you will have to scroll down for getting the option Scripting section and then click the option Disable under Active scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
    5. Click on OK for saving the settings that you made now and then click OK for exiting the browser.

Also the Active Content contains the ActiveX controls. So here are the instructions for configure Internet Explorer so that it does not automatically use items that show active content. For example it can be animations or vertical marquees.
    1. First you will have to start the Internet Explorer.
    2. Then click on the Internet Options placed in the Tools menu.
    3. Then afterward click on the Security tab, click the Internet Web content zone, and then click Custom Level.
    4. You will have to click the option called Disable under Download signed ActiveX controls, Download unsigned ActiveX controls, Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe, Run ActiveX controls and plugins, and Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.
    5. Then click on OK for saving the settings and then click OK again for closing the browser window.

I have observed that many times the similar issues are caused due to the Java Just-In-Time (JIT) compiler. So I would like to suggest you to disable this option for better side. You can disable by following the steps mentioned below :
    1. Open your browser which is Internet Explorer.
    2. Then in the Tools menu, you will get the option Internet Options. You will have to click on that option.
    3. Later click on the Advanced tab, and then click to clear the JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled check box under Java VM. For doing this step you might be asked for restart. If so, you will have to restart.
    4. Then click OK to save the changes done.

You can also activate the options for safety levels for active content. This option is available in Internet Explorer. Follow the steps for doing that :
    1. After opening the Internet Explorer click on the Internet Options placed in the Tools menu.
    2. After doing this step, you will have to click on the Security tab.
    3. You will have to select the zone in the Select a Web content zone to specify its security settings box.
    4. In the Security level for this zone box, move the slider to setting you prefer, or click Custom Level to customize your settings.
    5. Then click on OK for saving the settings.
    You will have to note that high exclude content that could damage your computer. Its recommended not to keep that setting. Medium (more secure) Warn before running potentially damaging content. You can keep this setting.