Thread: Does Google Chrome spy on users?

Does Google Chrome spy on users?

Hello, I am relatively new to computers and hence do not know much about Internet. Recently I got an Internet communication for my computer. Since then I have been using Internet Explorer to browse Internet from my computer. I find Internet Explorer very slow and hence I downloaded Google Chrome on my computer and installed it but I am reluctant to use it as I heard it spies on the users. Is it true that Google Chrome spies on users ? and if it is true then which browser to use other than Google Chrome? Please share some valuable information about this issue. The computer which I am using is having Windows XP operating system. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Does Google Chrome spy on users?

There are many browser which are available for surfing the Internet. Apart from Google Chrome there are many browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera etc which can be downloaded and used. All the browsers have more or less same features and hence there should not be any problems in using any of the browsers for surfing. I would personally suggest you to use Mozilla firefox as it provides lots of addons which can be customized according to the preferences of the user.

All the activities on the Internet are monitored by Google and other search engines. The automatic programs of different search engines are continuously monitoring the traffic and its behavior on various websites. This is done by the search engines to make sure that the user gets all the relevant results for the searches that he makes in the search bar. The monitoring activities which are carried out by the search engines help them improve the quality of service which it provides to the user.

Yes Google Chrome spies on every activity of the user. Tracking the activities of the user helps Google display results to the user which are more relevant and matching the preferences of the user based on the online activity of the user. There are certain codes in Google Chrome which sends all the information of the online activity of the user to the Google Server. Therefore when the user uses Google Search engine next time, it displays all the searches which are matching the preferences of the user. Not only Chrome but all the Google Products track the users.

Thank you for replying to the query, by looking at the responses I feel that using Google Chrome is not safe as it may leak all the sensitive information about the user which can be dangerous if in wrong hands. So which browser according to you people is much safer to use than Google Chrome?

No it is not unsafe to use Google Chrome as the browser because the information it sends is only about the websites you visit. Also the information is sent directly to the Google servers and it cannot be intercepted by any antisocial elements. Not only Google but all the websites track the activity of the user on their website to know the likes and the dislikes of the user. The activity monitoring is very useful for making Internet browsing simple and easy by only displaying results which are most suited to the user rather than displaying irrelevant results.

yes, google chrome spies on users. nothing that google does is legitimate. the only reason their products exist is to spy on people. they are also heavily tied to western intelligence agencies. they got their start up money from a cia front company. google is also regularly used by the u.s govt to spread propaganda.